12/30 - A Happy Birthday to the Best Slayer Ever
Thailand seems to have become a new hotspot for the jet set.
Some more Tweets from our jet-settin', yet still-down-home-Boston girl:

- HAPPY NEW YEAR! It's already 2010 in Thailand so its safe to proceed everyone! WHOO-HOO!! Whats YOUR new yrs res..?!

- Ka poon kaaa! Peace, love & yo, yo cheerios from Bangkok! Lot's of wild, exotic adventures over here dudes! How's the New Year in USA?! ;D

- We TOTALLY chatted up Martha Stewart in our hotel lobby last night! Martha! Love her! She recommended restaurants & sights.. So Martha.

- Bright COLORS, beautiful incense smells, Buddhas, TANGy-y fruits, magical rice & noodles- true Thai-style! Freakin' lovin' all of it!!

- Tweeting from an AMAZING thunder-n-lightning storm in Phuket!! Swam about a mile & 1/2 b4 SHEETS of rain came pulsing down- warm, wild, wow!

- Too much phad thai.

{from the 9th} - Thanks from Cambodia to all for watching/luvin' #DOLLHOUSE last night! One left to go... oh, it so saddens my soul ;(

{and then...} - Did I make a SNAFU re:how many Dollhouse eps left? Its the Southeast Asia time difference people ; ) don't fret/turn those frowns upsidedowns

{and on the 10th} - Go Patriots!!!!!
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I know you mentioned this before at some point, but it's hilarious how she talks like Faith in real life...:laugh:
Boomstick Wrote:I know you mentioned this before at some point, but it's hilarious how she talks like Faith in real life...:laugh:

Ditto. I recall interviews in which she vehemently denied that she was anything like Faith. But over the years, I've noted that Faith is really the 'darker' facet of Dushku. In short, there's a lot of Faith in her. Faith just has the ability to turn her moral compass off when it annoys her.

It's very much Eliza's sense of humor and personality that comes through in Faith. Or that'show I see it. Her other roles departed much more from what we know of Eliza D's personality.
Bumping up in honor of the day!!!!

From her site:

Quote:THANK U ALLLLLL for the B-day LOVE & for SUPPORTING THARCE-GULU.org & my "30/30/30" with me!!! ~happy girl~

[Image: eliza-3.jpg]
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Haoot 30th, Eliza. And let Joss talk you into a "Faith" series this time Big Grin
"What song the Sirens sang, or what name Achilles assumed when he hid himself among women, though puzzling questions are not beyond conjecture." - Sir Thomas Browne, Religio Medici
Happy 29.9, Eliza. The joy felt at your birthday is balanced with the dismay of being unable to offer it to you in my own personal, warm, possibly inappropriate way.:halo:
Bumping this one up early, along with a link to a holiday/birthday message from Eliza about her Ugandan-relief charity - click here.
Ah, another year gone by! I was just reading that she signed on for the Pilot of a new show--I think it was a new version of The Saint.
Yep, and Roger More is actually one of the producers - and he and Ian Ogilvy (who did an 80's tv version) have small parts - details here.
Well we seem to have let this one slide in recent years - wishing our comely Albanian Danish a very happy birthday!

Apparently she got engaged this past summer to one Peter Palandjian, a real estate exec and former pro tennis player some 16 years her senior, and posted this image, along with this caption:

Quote:#Ayo..! "YES!!" Absolutely, my love. 🎊💍✨🎶 #BostonBorn #BostonBred #BostonSoonToBeWed 💞💪

Attached Files Image(s)

Awww, she's no longer single, then! :laugh:
Well, or another way to look at it would be that she's still not married! :laugh:
august Wrote:Well, or another way to look at it would be that she's still not married! :laugh:

Or, in the words of Lloyd from Dumb & Dumber: "So you're telling me there's a chance!" :bg:
august Wrote:Yep, and Roger More is actually one of the producers - and he and Ian Ogilvy (who did an 80's tv version) have small parts - details here.

I finally watched this last night (it's been made available digitally, via Amazon, Netflix, and maybe some others). The result of which is that now IMDb credits it as a 2017 release, when it was filmed in 2013, IIRC! :laugh:

I'm not sure what took them so long to get it out there, maybe Moore didn't want it released, and it took his passing to free things up (pure speculation there on my part). Anyhow, I can see why it was never picked up. Even as made for TV movies/backdoor pilots go, it was pretty unremarkable. I've only ever seen the Roger Moore TV show and the Val Kilmer movie, it seems like the Moore show is the definitive screen version of the character. This felt nothing like that.

Where Templar is very independent in the TV series, here they seemed to be setting him up as someone who works with others and has field agents around the world. Allegedly Dushku's character (or her name, at least) is a one that appears in some of the original novels. In this movie she's basically Templar's handler, she feeds him information via an earpiece when he's out on missions. She's a very Faith-like character, in that she kicks butt and doesn't need help looking after herself.

The gist of the TV movie/pilot is that they're setting up the story arc for Templar, but I think that's part of the problem. What made the Moore show great was that it was episodic. Yes, all television was then, but it made sense from the character's point of view. He didn't have a day job, or anything he had to be doing, so it was just the stories of him getting into and out of trouble. The novelty of previous Saint actors being the villains in this one doesn't carry much weight (Moore is limited to an extended cameo at the end), and I don't think it would have been very interesting if it had been picked up.
Wishing a very happy birthday to *still* possibly the best Slayer ever, our lovely Albanian Danish!
No "possibly" about it. She's still the best! :bg:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Buffy Summers' Birthday! august 4 3,454 January 20th, 2021, 12:54 AM
Last Post: august
  June 23rd - Happy Birthday to Joss Whedon! august 4 1,185 July 7th, 2017, 12:37 AM
Last Post: badlands
  Happy 44th Birthday to Alexis Denisof (Wesley) - Th. Feb. 25th august 4 1,518 February 22nd, 2011, 11:56 AM
  Happy Birthday to Tony Head (Giles) august 7 2,654 February 22nd, 2011, 11:54 AM
  Amy Acker in ABC's Happy Town - Wed. 4/28 @ 10 PM august 3 1,534 April 28th, 2010, 10:12 AM
  Happy Birthday Amber Benson - Jan. 8th broodaholic 8 1,634 January 8th, 2010, 10:03 AM
  Happy Birthday, Amy Acker -Sat. 12/5 Boomstick 17 3,061 December 2nd, 2009, 08:39 PM
  Thurs. 8/20 - Happy Birthday to James Marsters! Boomstick 14 1,757 August 24th, 2009, 01:19 PM
  Th. 7/23 - Charisma Carpenter's birthday! Han Solo 45 4,183 July 26th, 2009, 02:05 PM
  April 12th - Happy Birthday to Nicholas (Xander) Brendon! august 4 1,030 April 11th, 2009, 12:50 PM