The Da Vinci Code (spoilers inevitable)
there is a high probability for spoilers that will ruin your day if you have not read it yet...if you havent now would be a fantastic time to hit the back button Wink

i finished reading this about 5 minutes ago and was in awe of it. regardless of how you feel about the topic, positive negative, whatever, i would like to hear your opinions regarding it
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
I liked it quite a bit. The whole Mary Magdalene issue was particularly interesting. But I'm still not sure about the historicity of the issue though.
Dan Brown admittedly takes vast liberties with historical accuracy, and makes some leaps between historical events and historical characters in order to arrive at his conclusion.

However, the idea of Mary Magdelane, or of any kind of figure serving in such a capacity to Jesus is hardly new. There are what some take to be clues in the Bible that point toward such a set of ideas. While I don't buy The Da Vinci Code's exact conclusion, I feel the premise has some measure of strength to it.

As for the book itself, I felt it fell within a kind of Michael Crighton level. It's completely conclusion driven with cardboard characters used as mouthpeices to forward the plot, or what there was of the plot. It's not a bad story, by any means, but at the same time there is very little depth to anything other than the conclusion of the story.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
what i found amazing was that most of the story takes place over about 8 hours, and that it took about the same amount of time glued to the pages to finish it.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."
I enjoyed it greatly and was perplexed by some of the theories forwarded in the book. This prompted me to read a book that in a way 'decodes' the original and supposedly reveals the truth. Suffice it to say I found it to be quite a bit biased, though it was fun to observe the opposite perspective.
Jesus saves, Allah forgives, Cthulhu thinks you'd make a nice sandwich.
The Da Vinci Code was good, but had about as much legitimancy as me saying Mona Lisa was Da Vinci wondering what he looked like in a dress. I personally believe Angels and Demons was a much better piece of writing, and it made more sense.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Da Vinci Code theories badlands 1 695 October 30th, 2016, 03:20 PM
Last Post: august
  The Silk Code "author's cut" ebook PaulLev 2 808 November 16th, 2012, 08:56 PM
Last Post: PaulLev
  The Gathering Storm - Robert Jordan - No Spoilers RobRoy 3 1,024 November 12th, 2010, 05:05 PM
Last Post: Bacchus
  The Da Vinci Code... Thoughts?? Lady of Light 30 3,449 March 28th, 2007, 04:09 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Hammerfall by Cherryh (please be careful to avoid spoilers) Arcadia 0 472 January 1st, 2005, 01:26 PM
Last Post: Arcadia
  Stephen Kings "Wolves of the Calla" -- mild spoilers RobRoy 0 833 February 11th, 2004, 01:29 PM
Last Post: RobRoy