Poll: Which sequel is better ?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Spiderman 2
65.00%
13 65.00%
Superman 2
35.00%
7 35.00%
Total 20 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Spiderman 2 vs. Superman 2
Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
Like I said, personal tastes. I disagree with you as well.

But then it's not a question of genetic mutation being plausible. It's a question of the delivery system of that genetic mutation, and then the results that I find more fantastic than simply aliens affected by their environment differently.

and like i said being born with the world at your fingertips by having the motherload of superhuman abilities is still more unbelievable than being bitten by a spider.
Quote:Originally posted by Alantriel the Elf
Spiderman 2 because Superman is too fantastical, spiderman actually seems like it could happen

totally agree with you Smile
and like i said being born with the world at your fingertips by having the motherload of superhuman abilities is still more unbelievable than being bitten by a spider.

Ummm, yeah, bitten by a spider. Ya got me there.

It's the conveying of spider powers and super powers via that bite that's in question. Of course a spider will bite if the mood takes it. Rolleyes
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
i agree onthat one i was just saying that Superman's method of getting his powers was mmore weird than Spiderman's

what mood are you talking about
[B]i agree onthat one i was just saying that Superman's method of getting his powers was mmore weird than Spiderman's

You mean that his biological make-up from his parents and their ancestors reaction to a specific to an alien world is weird.

Fair enough.

But there's is more scientific plausibility within this than there is within Peter Parker's method of getting his powers especially his "web slinging" ability.

Sorry, but if we're talking genetic mutation, The Fly is closer to the mark than Spider-Man on plausibility.

Quote:what mood are you talking about

Spiders bite for two reasons: to take prey or to defend themselves. So the mood is either "I'm hungry" or "I'm scared."
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
"The Fly is closer to the mark than Spider-Man on plausibility."

agreed.
i definetly have to go with spiderman2 because...

1. Marvel is WAY better than DC

2. Superman is too super i mean come on he cant die and his only weakness is cryptonite wich is scarcly found on earth!

3. because well just because superman is so....not original.
Superman for me, although I love both the Spiderman and Superman movies, Superman was my first superhero and will always come frst on my list.
On comparisons of the movies, agreed both can carry similar themes, but there was something grounding about the way Superman literally gave up his powers and had to face adveristy as a real human being for once. Peter Parker already knew what life was like without having his gift, and although he started to lose his powers he didnt have too make the physical choice of having or not having them he just needed to balance things in life in order for it to work. Agreed not an easy task, and it must be frustrating to be given that gift and not be able to give them truly up if he wanted.
When I watched Superman 2 on TV again last week, at first i was like aw I'll watch this, and then I was melting all over again, call it a childhood crush coming back to haunt me, but Superman 2 was a great movie. If not for superman himself than for the bad guys and the charms of Gene Hackman once more on our screens as Lex Luthor.

Sara Lou:daisy:
". because well just because superman is so....not original."

Are you kidding me ? Spiderman is a direct copy of Superman. Stop fooling yourself. Among the other similarities is the over the top Newspaper editor character that the Spiderman series blantantly ripped off from the Superman series. Which series came out first with that idea first ? I wonder. Jesus, Spiderman is nothing more than Superman wearing a spider suit. Its just too obvious for words.
i would tend to disagree. Superman and Spiderman are not he same. Each has different emotions,and situations to deal with. why do you think that they are the same i wonder?
Know what ....I really didn't care for Spidey II at all. It was less action and more ...deep, meaningful conversations about things I don't care about.

I think what got to me, though, was Aunt May's reaction when Peter tells her what happened with Uncle Ben. It was SO UNREALISTIC!!! A parent would NEVER in a million years react that way. She actually blames Peter, as he also blames himself. A true parent's first reaction, despite their own pain, would be ..."It's not your fault, you couldn't have known that would happen."

I hate it ...I HATE THAT REACTION!!! AUGH ...so much so I just want to go rewrite it and make them do it over again.

PJ
"You're saying everything is circling the drain, the whole universe."

"Yes."

"Had to end some time."

Riddick, The Chronicles of Riddick

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spiderman 3 ben_d_straw 1 497 July 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Last Post: justdecent
  Spiderman 3: When oh when? the nighthunter 2 893 January 22nd, 2006, 03:44 AM
Last Post: the nighthunter