Required Registration
I would just like to say that I think the move to make all posts come from registered members is a great idea. I do not think it is fair that someone can come on here and post anything under the guise of being "unregistered". That gives people free license to get away with anything.
Well, it was a darn shame it has come to this.

I had noticed there seemed to be an increase in board spammers and general digi-grafitti & all the usual sorts of punk behavior one sees on "that other sort of forum" filtering in, so I guess it was inevitable.

If I'm not mistaken, even for an unregistered a record is made of the source of the post, but still -- it's a lot of trouble for the admins even to edit/delete/reply to a flood of trash, much less to pursue multiple culprits to their ISP's.

Thus passes another increment of "innocence". :dummy: Guests have made many worthwhile contribs to discussions, to say nothing of the unregistered regulars among us.

Oh, well...:teary:
Many Defeats & Many Fruitless Victories Memoirs Gateway
For I was talking aloud to myself...the old...choose the wisest person present to speak to...
I can generally track someone down to their local node. So, yes, we know where these abusive people live and we can report them to their ISPs or local authorities, depending on what they do. But it's just too much of a hassle to keep cleaning up the messes.

As long as our moderators are volunteers, we have to keep their tolerance for dealing with abuse in mind.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Need help with registration Nim 2 420 June 30th, 2003, 05:44 AM
Last Post: Nimruzir