Chances of Episodes 7-9?
OK, since i've known Star Wars (which is all my life) i have known that it conists of 9 episodes which i have accpeted. But i was wondering...where does it actually state that there is 9 episodes? Where is the proof of episodes 7-9?
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)
George Lucas mentiond wanting to make nine movies in all during early interviews (in the late 1970s and early 1980s). Eventually, he backed off from the idea of making any more movies, and then came back to say he would make the three prequels. He also allowed Timothy Zahn to write three sequels to episode VI, although I don't believe those books are supposed to be regarded as canon (with respect to the cinematic universe).
Quote:Originally posted by Michael
He also allowed Timothy Zahn to write three sequels to episode VI, although I don't believe those books are supposed to be regarded as canon (with respect to the cinematic universe).

Did Lucas commision them, or ask Zahn to do them, or just said 'ok, you can do it' ?

From what I've heard, Lucas usually has a "whatever" attitude about the so called extended universe.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Did Lucas commision them, or ask Zahn to do them, or just said 'ok, you can do it' ?

From what I've heard, Lucas usually has a "whatever" attitude about the so called extended universe.

the zahn books were authorized by lucas, but not commissioned. by that I mean that zahn had permission to write them that was approved by lucas. lucas has always maintained the right to veto anything that was done in the extended universe if it didn't suit his purpose. at that point they become non-canonical.

i also want to say that lucas reviews everything that goes out. he may not care too much but i believe he does put his stamp of "ok" on everything.
Houston . . . we have a problem.
That's interesting.

What I meant about Lucas and the Extended Universe wasn't so much that he didn't care, more that he doesn't work with it if he doesn't want to when making the prequil movies.

I think the only EU person to make it into the movies was Aurra Sing.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
That's interesting.

What I meant about Lucas and the Extended Universe wasn't so much that he didn't care, more that he doesn't work with it if he doesn't want to when making the prequil movies.

sorry. sorry. didn't mean to imply anything. i agree with you. lucas doesn't care if it doesn't work with the movies. he just scraps it. if it doesn't fit his vision its gone. bantha fodder.
Houston . . . we have a problem.
I have read the Timothy Zahn books but I didn't really kniow if they were episodes 7 to 9 or not
No, It would not go cont become 7-9. Cuz I did ask Star Wars Forum. What they say to me. Huh Well. We are so wish been cont for Luke, Leia's next family...:tongue: I will find out about next new movie for Star Wars *WINK*
~Rat*Pirate~Amber~
Wouldn't making the eps 7-9 be another gold mine for Lucas? Why wouldn't he want to make those movies with all the money out there to be had?
Quote:Originally posted by SpringfieldST
Wouldn't making the eps 7-9 be another gold mine for Lucas? Why wouldn't he want to make those movies with all the money out there to be had?

Life's not all about money.
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)
I do remember hearing on a documentary about Star Wars that they were planning to make eps 7-9, but they could change their minds again. I hope they do, though!
Kelso, man, women are like muffins, ok? And once you've had a muffin man, you will put up with anything to have another muffin. And they know that! Now she really owns you, man!
Quote:Originally posted by davedapunk
Life's not all about money.

The entertainment business is.
Virtually non existant under Lucas I would have thought. But would another Director be able to obtain the rights to make these films?

I actually think further episodes would be a good idea, as there would not be the prejudice and expectation that the first 3 faced. One of the problems with the first 3 was that a lot of people had already made their mind up about how Anakin becomes Darth Vader and wanted these films to be made in the same style as episodes 4-6.

Where as episodes 7-9, well, 99% of people don't actually know of them and certainly don't know what happens in them. Maybe the story could be twisted a little to provide for 3 entertaining films that the pundits would approach with an open mind.

All I know of Episode 7+ is that the Empire still has a number of ships and crew in service and is eager to do battle with the rebels once again. And I seem to recall something about a large fleet of 'dreadnought' ships having been hidden away which the Empire recovers. Are these ships the same ones in ROTS? And theres another old Sith who is living in exile (like Yoda), Jorus C'boath who is keen on gaining revenge for the defeat of the Empire.

You could always drag Mark Hammill out for a role as a Jedi Master, although Harrison Ford and Carrie Fisher will look pretty old by then.
carrie fisher is younger then Mark Hammil. And don't worry, whether they do Episodes 7-9, or Episode 0 or somthin, there will be more movies. 20th century fox wouldn't abandon a franchise that has made them billions of dollars, they will be begging George to do more movies, and of course hes saying that he wont make more now, but thats because he's sick of Star Wars right now. When I made a video for my school on a trip to New York, It was a blast, and everybody said they loved it, but after a bit I hated it, i can't even stand watching it anymore. But after a while I wanted to go back and make more videos, which is what I am doing. I think once George gets some ideas in his head, he'll get all excited and agree to do more movies. It would be almost selfish for him to not make more movies for his fans, cause we all want them.
I'm not entirely sure about the ability of another director to obtain those rights. I assume they would either have to be sold or given to someone in a will.

The ships that you see in ATOC and ROTS, the Acclamators, are replaced later by the Star Destoryers with the advent of the individual turbolaser units, improved deflector units, etc...they were both made by the same subsidiary of Kuat Drive Yards, however: Rothana Heavy Engineering. They were also responsible for the LAAT/i gunship used during the Clone Wars. (We know that there was an intermediate stage between the Acclamator class and the Imperial I class, but we don't know what it's called.)

Personally, I'd like to see them go backwards further in time. Have Episode -1. Tongue Show the original Sith Wars.
Player #1: See the sketch for my character's lightsaber? It's a pistol grip like Dooku's.

Player #2 (Me): Mine has electrostatic flux apertures for variable blade offset up to 45 degrees.
Okay since we have multiple episodes 7 thru 9 threads, I'm merging with a previous one.

There is also a poll thread if anyone would like to particpate.

https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...hp?t=15405
I can imagine quite a bit.
When the Zahn novels were written, everybody assumed they were 7-9. Since there have been several novels written in between. At the time of the Zahn novels, the original cast was the right age to be in a movie version. But now they are too old and nobody would accept substitutes. I could see the original cast reunite in a movie primarily about their kids, maybe the re-revenge of the Sith. Truthfully, if other movies are made, I'd rather avoid the current cast of characters altogether. Better to create all new characters than to keep re-hashing this crowd.
Lord Vader, do you use drugs?

Depressants,...most depressants.Cool
Episode 7-9 was talking about Luke when he married with Mara Jade and he got [B]Ben Skywalker [/B] for his son. Han and Leia got three son and daughter , one of them was Anakin Solo
I have heard the same rumor of the lucasfilm production team thinking of making 7-9 and I would be delighted to see that happen. I love the star wars series and would like to see more movies come out. Also the lucasfilm team is rich and could make lots more money with these new movies. I dont think they would give that chance up.
Here to make lives for people better, and lives for everything else worse.- Me
why stop at 9? zahn also wrote 10 and 11. mark hamill would be really old then.
"It's like, how much more black could this be? And the answer is none. None more black."

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Qui-Gon Jinn (Liam Neeson) to appear in 2 episodes of "Clone Wars" Michael 0 701 January 21st, 2011, 11:44 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Clone Wars New Episodes begain again with "Nightsisters" Han Solo 3 1,021 January 11th, 2011, 02:29 AM
Last Post: Michael
  First 4 episodes of The Clone Wars now on DVD Boomstick 3 1,064 March 28th, 2009, 12:11 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Commercials between TV episodes vmixer 6 904 April 20th, 2006, 04:15 PM
Last Post: dreadful vader
  Would you like to see Lucas make episodes 7-9? Zagor 18 1,860 February 23rd, 2006, 01:39 AM
Last Post: Jedi Guardian
  Episodes 7, 8 and 9 Darth Meela 2 631 December 21st, 2005, 02:20 AM
Last Post: Han Solo
  Who saved the galaxy in episodes 4 - 6? Jub-Jub 13 1,277 August 24th, 2005, 09:25 AM
Last Post: Darth Meela