Starship Troopers 2
Well from your description, the battles of the film seem to be quite different to that of the book. If the planet had been hit with nukes during the second invasion why weren't the bugs dead. Is the answer that like roaches they can survive radiation?If they did, why didn't they use chemical weapons?
And why didn't the humans use advanced assault aircraft like apache helicopters? Why didn't they use the bombers more?

Matt Confusedhades: :paw: :coffee:
And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Sure, something not really explained well in the films, the bugs live underground. Hence the sudden appearence of bugs at various times

There is no book equivilent to the flying suckers that were running around, so not really sure best way to handle them. The idea of blasting the planet was to close all the bug holes..so it limited the attacks, and the humans could go down and dig the bugs out at lesiure

Glen Chapman
Quote:Originally posted by Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
Well from your description, the battles of the film seem to be quite different to that of the book. If the planet had been hit with nukes during the second invasion why weren't the bugs dead. Is the answer that like roaches they can survive radiation?If they did, why didn't they use chemical weapons?
And why didn't the humans use advanced assault aircraft like apache helicopters? Why didn't they use the bombers more?

You can't kill roaches with Chemicals!

In the first movie they used the bombers and bombing raids to kill all the bugs on the surface of the planet, then sent in the Mobile Infantry. You just didn't see it much. The assult on Klandathu (spelling.... wait a minute, you should all know by now I can't spell) was a horrible failure because of lack of bombing. I'd assume that there would be also some kind of orbital bombardment with some kind of N2 mine (non nuklear weapon with the power of a Nuke), though remember the Bugs didn't live in cities, so there are no visible targets. There was ment to be bombings and such, you just saw very little of them.
Quote:Originally posted by DeamondBleed
You can't kill roaches with Chemicals!

In

Bug spray !!

And she said 'Hoots I cannae get back tae me hoos in Bonny Scotland'
Girl with the Hazel Eyes - Ahhhhhh!
Quote:Originally posted by Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
Bug spray !!

The only way bug spray kills roaches is by asfixiation.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  What do you think of the Starship Troops reboot? Michael 4 789 December 9th, 2011, 11:40 AM
Last Post: Michael
  sperm troopers! jackscolon 0 611 September 5th, 2007, 04:22 PM
Last Post: jackscolon
  "Storm troopers"...Realeased!!! Faramir_10 15 1,450 April 23rd, 2004, 06:18 PM
Last Post: LionHeart10176