will hermoine ever become the greatest witch the wizarding world has ever seen...
I just wanna know whether hermy is just one of the many creations of the grat man dumbledore to get rid of the evil lord voldemort...i mean did he plot the doom of voldy and then got together potter weasely n granger to get rid of him
:drool:
hermoine's boyfriend,her husand ten years from now and father of her only kid.
We don't know enough about past great Witches. All we really know is that Hermione is the best Witch amongst her classmates. We don't really know what other students are like in all the other years, is there a Herminone in every class? I think Merlin was probably the greatest Wizard ever...it would be cool for JK to bring him into the later books.

Are there any Muggle Borns who are invited to Hogwarts, but turn out really rubbish? I think Dumbledore probably only invited those who have a great potential in the wizarding world. Hermione is proof of this (i mean he would look pretty stupid if he invited someone into the Wizarding World who turned out to be really poor at Magic, it would ruin there life a bit!).

Is it actually Dumbledore who decides who gets invited to Hogwarts? I think its quite an important decision (as it compltetly changes the life of the possible student). Would it be a Ministry Decision?

Hermione might have been invited because Dumbledore thought she had great potential to defeat Voldemort. Just an idea...

...what do you guys think?
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)
JK Rowling says, either on her website or in a chat, that there is a notebook and quill at Hogwarts that records the birth of any magical child in Great Britain, and each year McGonagall goes through and sends letters to every child turning eleven that year. So Dumbledore and the Ministry don't really have any say-if a child is magic, they get to come. I think it was only Slytherin who wanted Pure-Bloods. Not the Ministry, they don't seem to have a problem with muggleborn wizards and witches. The pureblood thing is kind of like the white supremacists-they aren't reflecting the views of the whole society, just a small part of it.
Quote:Originally posted by davedapunk
I think Merlin was probably the greatest Wizard ever...it would be cool for JK to bring him into the later books.

I know this doesn't really have to do with Harry Potter, but I found this series of five books at the library all about Merlin growing up. The series is called The Lost Years of Merlin and they're by T. A. Barron. I've read the first one and about half of the second, and I really love them. It almost reminds me of Harry Potter with a celtic twist, but it's not like a copy of Harry Potter.
Part the mists and look beyond... there you will find Avalon.
I think we may see Hermione as the greatest witch of her age. But note that the phrase "of her age" could mean: 1) OF THOSE CHRONOLOGICALLY AS OLD AS SHE IS (same age literally), or 2) OF ALL WITCHES IN EXISTENCE SINCE VOLDEMORT STARTED HIS GRAB FOR POWER (the present age in which the characters live), or 3) THE GREATEST WITCH IN ALL TIMES.

I think it is mostly #1. Harry's mother, LILY, in my opinion, gets #3 for she gave everything that Harry might live (literally in birthing him and in dying to save him). But I think Hermione could be maybe a little of #2, if she dies to save Harry so that he ultimately defeats Voldemort and saves the world!

A very thought provoking question:clap:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
That about Merlin being the greatest wizard of all time does have to do with Harry Potter. There is an Order Of Merlin, and there is a chocolate frog card saying that Merlin is the Greatest Wizard of all time. I think.
That about her being the greatest witch of her age was probably meaning that she is really clever for her age. Dunno
Quote:Originally posted by Melian
JK Rowling says, either on her website or in a chat, that there is a notebook and quill at Hogwarts that records the birth of any magical child in Great Britain, and each year McGonagall goes through and sends letters to every child turning eleven that year. So Dumbledore and the Ministry don't really have any say-if a child is magic, they get to come. I think it was only Slytherin who wanted Pure-Bloods. Not the Ministry, they don't seem to have a problem with muggleborn wizards and witches. The pureblood thing is kind of like the white supremacists-they aren't reflecting the views of the whole society, just a small part of it.

Well that was a bit of a disscussion ender! hehe.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Is Aunt Petunia a muggle or squib or a bitter witch? badlands 7 249 September 29th, 2022, 09:21 PM
Last Post: ZehnWaters
  Dursley’s: secret witch family badlands 8 668 November 5th, 2018, 12:10 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Wizarding World of HP at Universal Orlando Irene 5 900 September 26th, 2015, 11:23 PM
Last Post: Irene
  California to get its own Harry Potter Wizarding World Michael 0 633 December 4th, 2011, 11:56 PM
  Grant brings world of Harry Potter to Tony Goetz students News From Yahoo! 0 440 December 12th, 2010, 02:30 AM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!
  Harry Potter park chips away at Disney World’s dominance News From Yahoo! 0 484 December 9th, 2010, 12:22 PM
Last Post: News From Yahoo!
  Publisher's Weekly reviews Wizarding World of Harry Potter through eyes of 12yo Michael 0 389 August 5th, 2010, 06:39 PM
  Washington Post image gallery of Wizarding World of Harry Potter opening Michael 0 550 June 25th, 2010, 05:05 PM
  Video: J.K. Rowling and cast tour Harry Potter wizarding world Michael 0 581 June 21st, 2010, 07:42 PM
  Universal's news feed for Wizarding World of Harry Potter Michael 0 474 June 17th, 2010, 02:18 AM