How come its the same ppl answering or replying to the same posts?
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Moving to General Feedback.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Quote:Originally posted by Kwik silver 44
How come its the same ppl answering or replying to the same posts?

This is typical of any online forum. There will almost always be a core of "regulars" users who have embraced, and in some fashion helped shape, the culture and drive of the online community. These are the "heavy-hitters" those who will likely engage in open debate, express their thoughts and/or feelings, and are the most "vocal" of all the users on a particular forum. On average, I'd say they compromise 1 to 5 percent of the total user community. Thus, on SF-FANDOM, where we have over 3,500 registered members, there is a core group of about 100 to 175 members.

These are, of course, scatted over the entire forum, and you'll see that the core changes from forum to forum, as members interest are vastly different. Thus, the General Discussions forum will have a different core group than, say, the Orlando Bloom forum. Certainly, there is cross-over between any number of forums. For example, I participate far more on the Lord of the Rings, General Discussions, Star Trek, an General Movies forums than I do on almost any other set of forums. I rarely go into the Andre Norton or H.P. Lovecraft forums, except on administrative duties.

Thus, in any given forum, when asked a question, or posed a theory, you are likely to have the same people answering that question.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Also, many people do not register, but they do participate in discussions as "Unregistered". That is not an actual user account. So a lot of messages are credited to Unregistered users and we have no way of knowing how many of them there are.

There are probably 5-10,000 unregistered people who lurk in the forums (just read) on a regular or occasional basis.
Kool, Thanks alot!
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  How to Embed Videos in Your SF Fandom Posts FilmGuy 0 785 November 17th, 2017, 08:51 PM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  May 2017 - Can you edit your posts? Michael 0 448 May 1st, 2017, 02:18 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Posts not showing up? BeardofPants 8 1,749 May 25th, 2011, 06:23 AM
Last Post: gemini0521
  Today's Posts and New Posts functions not working Michael 0 642 April 18th, 2011, 08:40 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Question on Deleting Posts Rayhana 4 1,213 July 28th, 2006, 09:43 PM
Last Post: Rayhana
  my posts are decreasing.... :( ukkiller 3 827 April 20th, 2005, 12:19 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Dixie, new posts on user control panel Han Solo 3 582 July 20th, 2003, 07:47 PM
Last Post: Dixie