Matrix boxed set
#1
Does anyone know if a Matrix boxed set of all the movies will be released soon?

Or for that matter a director's cut?
Reply
#2
Quote:Originally posted by DeamondBleed
Does anyone know if a Matrix boxed set of all the movies will be released soon?

Or for that matter a director's cut?


I'm holding off on buying the individual movies, cause I know that as soon as I do, they'll release a box set. I figured the would have by now, but maybe reaction to Revolutions turned them off. I'm sure they will at some point-too much money to be had not to.

As far as a directors cut, I think they've done enough damage already! :bg:
Reply
#3
As DVDs the first Matrix movie was quite cleverly designed, especially with the 'follow the white rabbit' concept. I think Matrix was one of the first (if not the first) to have branching movies.

Then all the extra features really made it worthwhile, an investment if you will.

OTOH Reloaded and Revolutions as DVDs really feel like they have just been slapped together, almost like they are filler until the bigger, better, badder boxset comes out.

The menu screen in Revolutions doesn't even have any audio!

I've bought all three movies individually, and would no way spend more money getting a boxed set, giving us more added features, maybe give us an even longer version of the defence of Zion, longer climax of Neo and Smith fighting in the rain.

I'll stick with what I've got!

~ Matt
"So they were told when the moon would rise, the best time to leave with your soul, she's gone but towards the light, watching her whole life unfold..." Crowded House - Catherine Wheels
Reply
#4
Quote:Originally posted by mpee
I've bought all three movies individually, and would no way spend more money getting a boxed set, giving us more added features, maybe give us an even longer version of the defence of Zion, longer climax of Neo and Smith fighting in the rain.

I'll stick with what I've got!

~ Matt


Ditto...

...I just passed on the new version of Underworld, eventhough I loved that movie, because I'm tired of this new trend of studios releasing films on DVD's and then a few months later "surprising" us with a newer better version. Rolleyes

One of the few exceptions has been Lord of the Rings which gave fans the consideration to choose to whether to wait for the extended versions or get the theatrical release.
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Reply
#5
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
One of the few exceptions has been Lord of the Rings which gave fans the consideration to choose to whether to wait for the extended versions or get the theatrical release.


Yeah, buy the normal release, or fork over a kidney and your firstborn for the extended edition.

But I agree in general, Blue. I usually don't buy DVDs of movies I really like for a while, just to see if they put out a super special amazingly awesome directors uncut cut.
Reply
#6
Hiya Boomstick,

Love the haircut, man! One of the few movies which I have already purchased, but would get the extra featured DVD is Dark City; this has a Roger Ebert commentary which seems like it would be really interesting!

~ Matt
"So they were told when the moon would rise, the best time to leave with your soul, she's gone but towards the light, watching her whole life unfold..." Crowded House - Catherine Wheels
Reply
#7
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Yeah, buy the normal release, or fork over a kidney and your firstborn for the extended edition.

But I agree in general, Blue. I usually don't buy DVDs of movies I really like for a while, just to see if they put out a super special amazingly awesome directors uncut cut.



Actually Boomer... the extended versions haven't been all that much more expensive than the theatrical versions unless you went for the boxed sets... :bg: ...like me. :bg:

Well, only for the first one at least. I just bought the movie for The Two Towers not caring for the little freak statue. :bg:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Reply
#8
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
Actually Boomer... the extended versions haven't been all that much more expensive than the theatrical versions unless you went for the boxed sets... :bg: ...like me. :bg:

Yeah, I know, but I've got to get my LOTR cheapshots in where I can. I just got one of the extended editions for my dads birthday, hence the complaining. I guess as far as DVDs go, it's loaded with extras, so it's worth the money. If you like that sort of thing. :bg:

Quote:Originally posted by mpee
Hiya Boomstick,

Love the haircut, man!
Why thank you! I'm hoping it gives me an scary moderator look. :laugh:
Reply
#9
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
I guess as far as DVDs go, it's loaded with extras, so it's worth the money. If you like that sort of thing. :bg:


Guilty as charged... I love the extras! :bg:

Especially cast commentaries, behind the scenes footage and deleted scenes. I live for that dren! :bg:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Reply
#10
As a trilogy box set extra, I'd love cast commentary-a sort of mass commentary where they all sit down and watch the movies together. I know that could probably never happen, due to Hollywood scheduling, but I'd be very interested to hear some honest opinions of the last 2 movies by the cast. Wether or not we'd get it is another question. One tends not to bite the hand that feeds, but I can't help but wondering if any of the actors felt the same way about the final product as the fans did.
Reply
#11
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
As a trilogy box set extra, I'd love cast commentary-a sort of mass commentary where they all sit down and watch the movies together. I know that could probably never happen, due to Hollywood scheduling, but I'd be very interested to hear some honest opinions of the last 2 movies by the cast. Wether or not we'd get it is another question. One tends not to bite the hand that feeds, but I can't help but wondering if any of the actors felt the same way about the final product as the fans did.


I'd be more interested to hear the directors'/creators' comentary, see what they say about everything. I also like to hear from the design staff, to see what they were trying to portrey also. Gives you a better idea of meaning of it and all.
Reply
#12
Quote:Originally posted by DeamondBleed
I'd be more interested to hear the directors'/creators' comentary, see what they say about everything. I also like to hear from the design staff, to see what they were trying to portrey also. Gives you a better idea of meaning of it and all.


I assume there is a directors commentary on the normal DVD releases that are out now. If not, then those DVDs are really 'bare bones' as they say. I dunno, I don't think I'd be very interested to hear what they have to say, cause I was really disappointed with them, especially regarding Revolutions.
Reply
#13
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
I assume there is a directors commentary on the normal DVD releases that are out now. If not, then those DVDs are really 'bare bones' as they say.


You assumed correctly... they're loaded with stuff already. The 2nd & 3rd film come in two DVD packages like the Star Wars films.
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Reply
#14
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
One of the few exceptions has been Lord of the Rings which gave fans the consideration to choose to whether to wait for the extended versions or get the theatrical release.


They did just about everything right for these movies. One of the best movie trilogy's ever released with regards to marketing, film making and treating the fans right.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke: Clarke's Third Law from Profiles of the Future: An Inquiry into the Limits of the Possible
Reply

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: Trailer for 'Matrix: Resurrections' Michael 1 240 September 9th, 2021, 01:41 AM
Last Post: Michael
  How Harry Potter, Trek, Star Wars + The Matrix are the same movie... august 6 835 July 11th, 2009, 12:03 PM
Last Post: GamgeeFest
  The Matrix Trilogy (And The Animatrix.) GhostTrax 8 1,130 October 4th, 2007, 12:24 AM
Last Post: psikeyhackr
  Favorite Matrix quotes Playwithfire101 1 837 November 22nd, 2005, 02:27 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  The Matrix = stolen??? Camech 15 1,557 May 28th, 2005, 06:44 PM
Last Post: august
  The Matrix..... mr.meaker 19 1,632 April 27th, 2005, 06:00 PM
Last Post: darrenshan#1
  The Matrix Trilogy-Not all that great? Boba,Obi Wan,Jango 14 1,060 August 31st, 2004, 12:07 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Is the Matrix a goth film DeamondBleed 19 1,626 February 14th, 2004, 12:57 PM
Last Post: Maedhros
  StarWars vs Matrix MasterJedi3000 19 1,187 November 26th, 2003, 02:43 AM
Last Post: Unregistered
  George Lucas' Films in Light of The Matrix Sequels Boomstick 28 1,324 November 25th, 2003, 07:00 PM
Last Post: RobRoy

Forum Jump: