Which house was Hagrid in?connection with riddle/random
This is more a question than an actual thread. But does anyone know which house Hagrid was in? because now I think about it pretty much all the other characters (non hogwarts pupils) we know which house they were in Dumbledore - Gryffindor, Sirius Gryffindor(do we know that?) James potter and Lily both Gryfindor, obviosly snape slytherin, weasly parents Gryfindorr?

This is just a theory off the top of my head, but remember Tom Riddles memory in chamber of secrets were he supposedly confronts Hagrid? It's not like Hagrid acted as though he never spoke with Riddle, when people from other houses usually don't.

And what was Hagrid doing in that dungeon?
How did Riddle (voldemort) know he'd be there?

I'm re-reading Azkaban and When Hagrid's talking about how happy he is to be the new care of magical creatures teacher he says " Me a teacher? It's what I've always wanted."

now I'm not 4 a moment accusing Hagrid of being a sltherin, I'm just askin are all Slytherin bad? Surely not all, and just because they're ambitious doesnt mean they have to be incredibly so,

I mean he might've been a hufflepuff, they're meant to be caring (think about how much he loves monsters, and people too i guess)

I just don't think he'll be Gryffindor, coz 4 one pretty much all the characters (adults) the good ones are Gryfindor, Their should be a couple from other houses.
I'm random
Wink
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other
a good question i don't think anyone else has thought of in this thread.

now that you mention it, i think Hagrid would most likely fit into HufflePuff. he's definately not Slytherin material cuz while not all of them turn bad, they all have bad "better-than-thou" attitudes which Hagrid doesn't have. he can't be in Gryffindor like everyone else... and RavenClaw just doesn't seem like the answer since no one is ever in RavenClaw... lol... i would go with HufflePuff.

BTW: who are the headmasters for HufflePuff and RavenClaw. no matter how hard i try i can't remember. i know McGonagall is Headmistress of Gryffindor and Snape of Slytherin.. but the other groups are never really talked about. i would like to hear more about RavenClaw and HufflePuff. they do make up 1/2 the school!
"life's too short to make long decisions... it's happening now!"~ ME
Was Riddle definately in Slytherin tho? She never stated. I kno he's the heir and everything but that doesnt make him like the heir. Obviously he is evil (unless hes being controlled from an early age like i think (cough cough Dumbledore cough cough)
Yeah, she does say that Riddle was in Slytherin. In the Philosopher's Stone, Hagrid says something to Harry like "There wasn't a wizard or witch who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin. You-Know-Who was one of them."
"Cali rules these forums. I think that whatever she says, she's always right, so I'm abdicating my throne for her to take over control. MWA to all! :kiss:"
- RobRoy
Quote:Originally posted by CrayonMarkerBrush
BTW: who are the headmasters for HufflePuff and RavenClaw. no matter how hard i try i can't remember. i know McGonagall is Headmistress of Gryffindor and Snape of Slytherin.. but the other groups are never really talked about. i would like to hear more about RavenClaw and HufflePuff. they do make up 1/2 the school!

Proffesor Sprout is the head of the Hufflepuff House. And if I am correct, Proffesor Flitwick is the head of the Ravenclaw house.

You can get more information about these houses, here.

And also, Hagrid does sound like a hufflepuff. None of the other houses really fit his nature.
When driving through a gate, ALWAYS make sure the gate is open first.
Quote:Originally posted by Fosco_Diggory

I just don't think he'll be Gryffindor, coz 4 one pretty much all the characters (adults) the good ones are Gryfindor, Their should be a couple from other houses.
I'm random
Wink

Sorry, mate, J.K. Rowling doesn't agree with you. Wink

She specifically said in one of her interviews that Hagrid was, in fact, a Gryffindor.

You can find the transcript of the interview here, btw. (You need to scroll down a bit.)
Quote:Originally posted by Draco Malfoy
Sorry, mate, J.K. Rowling doesn't agree with you. Wink

What?! JK Rowling does'nt agree that I don't think Hagrid was in Gryffindor?Sorry mate, but it was just a guess, not a statement. But in that case I think it's kinda stupid if all the good adult characters were Gryffindors.
Something that is typical, is indeed as Fosco_Diggory wrote that all good adults were in Gryffindor. Just as all the bad chars seem to be from Slytherin.

Maybe the Slytherin department has been corrupted early on, so that all the Slytherin pupils have always a mean streak. Only that they have their different levels of "badness". Like that some may be just egocentric and don't really care if others do well or go wrong as long as they prosper. Others may enjoy to make others trip and cheat or do whatever it takes to win. Others may be a bit like Snape, gruff and gloomy and a severe disliking for some things, but do further no harm.

Like in the Chamber of Secrets, in the film I can remember that at the end even Slytherins stood up to applaud for Hagrid, but a small group didn't (obvious Draco, who also stopped his goon from doing so).

Anyway. It is a bit weird that so far every good character seems to be stem off Gryffindor. Oh sure, there were a few of Ravenclaw mentioned (the strange blonde girl in the Order of the Phoenix and Cho, I believe), but anyone who is friends with Harry is always Gryffindor.

I understand that all houses don't really mingle, but surely Harry has not some magic ability that somehow he attracts only Gryffindors (even all the Weasleys (sp) have been Gryffindor!).
Wink That's a really good theory yaxi! Maybe people from each house are also the people who get on with each other the best. Because we know that Gryfindorrs personalities vary a lot, but they do all have a lot in common, for example rule breaking, bravery, etc.

P.s Is that ur robin Hobb forum Yaxi?
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other
What?! JK Rowling does'nt agree that I don't think Hagrid was in Gryffindor?Sorry mate, but it was just a guess, not a statement. But in that case I think it's kinda stupid if all the good adult characters were Gryffindors.

My, my, some people do get touchy when their theories turn out not to be true Wink

Don't worry, mate, JKR really likes those theories - even though they have nothing to do with her story. Big Grin
My, my, some people do get touchy when their theories turn out not to be true Wink

muppet :dude:
It must be that you are from Slytherin, Malfoy and Fosco_Diggory probably from Hufflepuff..

See! My theory proven: people of other houses don't get along as well :tongue:

Btw, I don't think anyone wants to be part of Hufflepuff. Sure, the people must be great and probably the most sincere and virtous people of all houses. But the name..."Hufflepuff"..The other houses have a much better name a name you dare to say out loud and makes a impression "I am from Ravenclaw/Gryffindor/Slytherin". "I am from Hufflepuff" justdoesn't sound as glorious..:bg:

Nah, it isn't my Robin Hobb forum, but I do like it. It isn't overcrowded, so everyone knows each other. Everyone is friendly, off topicness is ok (I guess at some points they gave up trying to keep everyone in line, lol) and they all have a very good (and my Wink) sense of humor.
This is more a question than an actual thread. But does anyone know which house Hagrid was in? because now I think about it pretty much all the other characters (non hogwarts pupils) we know which house they were in Dumbledore - Gryffindor, Sirius Gryffindor(do we know that?) James potter and Lily both Gryfindor, obviosly snape slytherin, weasly parents Gryfindorr?

I mean he might've been a hufflepuff, they're meant to be caring (think about how much he loves monsters, and people too i guess)

Well, Mrs. Weasley is a gryffindor, because remember in the 4th book how she was explaining that the Fat Lady portrait was around during her time and the Fat Lady gave her such a telling off one night when she when with Arthur Weasley for a midnight stroll?
Hagrid could be a hufflepuff since he's caring, but could be gryffindor because he's brave to face all those dangerous creatures he loves. he's definetly not a ravenclaw.
"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "You are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."
Pg.458-459 OoP
:crown: Weasley is our King! :crown:
Quote:Originally posted by Yaxi
It must be that you are from Slytherin, Malfoy and Fosco_Diggory probably from Hufflepuff..

um, I wouldn't be from hufflepuff, more likely Gryffindor
this maybe could be a very stupid question, but, where is stated that lily and james potter were Griffindors? i just wanted to know...

Quote: she does say that Riddle was in Slytherin. In the Philosopher's Stone, Hagrid says something to Harry like "There wasn't a wizard or witch who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin. You-Know-Who was one of them."

doesnt that means that sirius was on slytherin too?... cuz if hagrid said "There wasn't a wizard or witch who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin." he thought he was bad cuz he was in slytherin?? or what?
Well, it would make more sense if James Potter was in Gryffindor, because that would be one of the reasons Snape despises the Gryffindor house. Also, James was a Seeker... I think it said in the book somewhere that he was "the best Quidditch player on the Gryffindor team" or something like that.
Sirius can't be in Slytherin, because James would most likely not wanna become best friends with one of them. When Hagrid, McGonagall, Flitwick, Fudge, and Madame Rosmerta were talking in the Three Broomsticks at Hogsmeade in the 3rd book, they say how they never expected Sirius to "go bad." They explained how he was a rule-breaker, but not evil at Hogwarts. The teachers in the Three Broomsticks probably would have expected something or been suspicious if :paw: Padfoot :paw: was a Slytherin student.
"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "You are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."
Pg.458-459 OoP
:crown: Weasley is our King! :crown:
doesnt that means that sirius was on slytherin too?... cuz if hagrid said "There wasn't a wizard or witch who went bad that wasn't in Slytherin." he thought he was bad cuz he was in slytherin?? or what?

No, in the Philosopher's Stone the whole issue of Sirius doesn't yet exist. Perhaps wasn't even thought of yet, by JR. Hagrid doesn't say that a wizard or witch from another house couldn't turn bad, just that in Slytherin you can be sure that it is pretty much all bad seed. Also, Wormtail was in the same House as James, Sirius and Lupin, I thought. And as far as I know, they were all in Gryffindor. And Wormtail was not exactly a loyal friend, even though he was in Gryffindor.

It is just less likely that someone of another house would go the wrong path down.

(Ravenclaw are those intelligent and such and should be able to be wise enough to make the right descision. Hufflepuff are loyal and kind people and don't care about purebloods, they find everyone equal, the opposite of Slytherin. Gryffindor are the brave and noble, whilst Slytherin doesn't care how or what, just as long as they get what they want. Gryffindor seems to have quite some issues with Slytherin.)

I side with Luna's post :bg:

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Goblins and house elves badlands 3 837 November 8th, 2020, 10:34 PM
Last Post: namesarehard
  Hagrid's Hut at Harry Potter Theme Park to be "Unoccupied Prop Structure" RobRoy 0 706 February 17th, 2009, 04:54 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  A real Harry Potter Tom Riddle Magicial Diary Jaber 2 659 May 2nd, 2006, 04:33 PM
Last Post: Orangeblossom
  Wormtail/Dumbledore connection The Seer 25 1,855 March 29th, 2006, 10:05 AM
Last Post: volderant123
  Snape's connection w/ Dumbledore TheDarkKnight 4 694 November 25th, 2005, 04:18 AM
Last Post: Kwik silver 44
  House Elves (Spoilers?) Kingangus 8 1,067 August 23rd, 2005, 10:23 PM
Last Post: so and so
  Random thought ladylaughalot 3 594 March 10th, 2005, 04:56 AM
Last Post: ladylaughalot
  Which House? Kwik silver 44 82 5,074 February 15th, 2005, 10:50 PM
Last Post: Alantriel the Elf
  Why do house-elves say "i IS", "they IS" ? Lack 12 1,084 December 22nd, 2004, 10:22 PM
Last Post: bigevilcheshiregrin
  Tom Riddle davedapunk 11 881 August 8th, 2004, 03:13 AM
Last Post: kurt_cobain_star