Surely He can't play Voldemort!!!
Someone at college told me today that Rowan Atkinson will be playing Voldemort in the goblet of fire?????

surely not, i mean this is the guy who was mr.bean and blackadder, no one else has heard this have they? Rowan Atkinson as he who must not be named?
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other
ohhh i've heard that rumor... it would be really interesting if it was true tho...
:ohno: ive heard that also, but online! its probably a rumor, but theyll have to put a bunch of makeup on rowan atkinson and give him red-colored contacts!
"Ron," said Hermione in a dignified voice, "You are the most insensitive wart I have ever had the misfortune to meet."
Pg.458-459 OoP
:crown: Weasley is our King! :crown:
no matter how good he is at acting, just reminding me of him in Mr. Beans would bring down the whole image of Voldemort. The directore must be on drugs to have him playing Vodemort!
People said the same thing about Tim Burton casting Michael Keaton as Batman. Turned out to be inspired.

I'll be with the 'wait and hope it'll be OK' gang in the corner.Smile
Mmm, I don't think so somehow....I honestly saw John Hurt or Malcolm McDowell in the role myself...well, we'll soon find out won't we but not Rowan Atkinson, much as I like the guy, he ain't Voldermort!!
Oh gee - if only insecure bozos did it for me - I'd be the happiest guy in space

See, this is how it's going to happen - I'm going to count to ten and I want your answer by seven. Hunt out!!.

Dylan Hunt - oh yes - pure class :drool:
Hmm...I didn't even know such a rumor existed. Rowan Atkinson...meh. I don't know. If he really is going to be Voldemort, you might be suprised. If he was chosen, there must be a good reason he was...
When driving through a gate, ALWAYS make sure the gate is open first.
Rowan Atkinson? :jawdrop:

OH! I can see it now. THey can get the guy who played BlackAdder's sidekick, Baldrick. I have a cunning plan, Master Voldie :tongue:

Still, that's a much better casting choice than Gary Oldman as Sirius Black :dead:
I wonder if other dogs think poodles are members of a weird religious cult. -Rita Rudner
He played Mr Bean. So what.

He's more famous for playing Blackadder, and the blackadder in the first one has that same pantoish evil humour about him as Voldemort.
Quote:Originally posted by brandy
I honestly saw John Hurt or Malcolm McDowell in the role myself

John hurt's already said he's coming back as Olivander in Goblet read it in an interview.

I just think if Rowan atkinson is voldemort it completly comprises the character, but maybe not.

It was actually my drama teacher who told me and about 4 other people in the class said "yeah i heard that too!"

i suppose it could be ok, but i just think its too risky to comprise Voldemorts image, if its Rowan atkinson every one will say oh thats just an evil blackadder. But I think he's brilliant in the 1st episode of blackadder even if no one else does.
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Voldemort badlands 4 305 September 2nd, 2022, 04:39 PM
Last Post: ZehnWaters
  Emma Watson to play Belle in "Beauty and the Beast"? FilmGuy 2 1,187 September 7th, 2012, 03:03 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Ciaran Hinds to play Aberforth Dumbledore in "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows" Michael 2 1,087 January 11th, 2011, 02:36 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Cinema fans speculate Daniel Radcliffe to play young James Bond Michael 1 1,734 September 15th, 2007, 03:06 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  If Harry doesnt kill voldemort soon ben_d_straw 30 1,846 September 18th, 2006, 11:04 AM
Last Post: Darq Ali
  Who will die, Harry, Voldemort, or both? Pechark 65 4,030 June 20th, 2006, 08:06 PM
Last Post: ben_d_straw
  Location of voldemort's locket horcrux pb1606 4 889 June 8th, 2006, 10:09 PM
Last Post: Tiberius 269
  Do you think that Ralph Fiennes should be Voldemort in first film? volderant123 12 1,444 April 21st, 2006, 07:53 PM
Last Post: Sickie
  Voldemort? Lord Vader 14 1,419 December 21st, 2005, 02:33 PM
Last Post: PadfootRox
  The final meeting with Voldemort (may contain spoilers) zoe27 26 1,153 August 22nd, 2005, 03:31 PM
Last Post: zoe27