Spiderman 2
Spiderman 2 is coming out on June 30th! I'm so excited! The first one had potential, but turned out to be just okay... but from the trailer, the second seems like it could be better than the first! What do ya think?

~Lady E.

Trailer...http://www.apple.com/trailers/sony_pictu...2/trailer/
*Back to the Future~ George McFly: Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain!
Lady Eowyn,
I too look forward to the next film, and was disappointed in the first.
I have the dis- or advantage of having grown up with our web-slinging hero and so had high expectations. I like to think that the first one was a basic set-up film and this one will really get the angst out! Here's hoping!!!:anxious:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
One thing is for certain from the trailers--Doc Ock looks cool.
Here's my thing with Spider-Man:

Of all the 3 biggest superhero icons, (Spider-Man, Superman, Batman), I've always been mostly a Batman fan.

So I wasn't in a huge rush to see the first movie. Plus, I was way peeved off at the amount of marketing that had been crammed down the my throat. It was absurd. Spider-Man's marketing budget was 50 million dollars. (That's enough to make 1 or 2 moderatly priced studio movies!)

I saw it expecting to hate it. I was pleasently surprised, enjoying the movie mostly thanks to Willem Dafoe and Bruce Campbell's tiny cameo. But then I got sick of everyone saying how great it was. Cause as much as I respect Sam Raimi, it wasn't that great.

In addition to that, I dislike the two main stars, so it's kinda tough to get into it. I'll see the second one at some point, but I'm only going to see Bruce once again, and James Franco, who I like from his other work.

Doc Ock looks cool, but from the trailers I've seen, CGI Spider-Man still looks terrible.
Quote:Originally posted by SFfilmfan
One thing is for certain from the trailers--Doc Ock looks cool.

Word.
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Arthur C. Clarke: Clarke's Third Law from Profiles of the Future: An Inquiry into the Limits of the Possible
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
In addition to that, I dislike the two main stars, so it's kinda tough to get into it.
Boomer, thank you for making me not the only one. I'm not a fan of Tobey Maguire, and Kirsten Dunst bothers me to no end. I can't really explain why. Well, I can but I won't go badmouthing her. :bg:

I saw the first Spiderman movie and thought it was fairly entertaining. I do think this one looks better which means I will likely see it. I'm not a comic person so I can't look at this from a comics perspective. It's really just about entertainment value for me.
Spiderman 2 is going to be good and better than the first. Same actors, same directors and writers is always a succesful combination. I didn't watch the first one until it got on cable and I was really surprised. (William Defoes suit looked so generic though). Rolleyes
Quote:Originally posted by ThePharoah
Spiderman 2 is going to be good and better than the first. Same actors, same directors and writers is always a succesful combination. I didn't watch the first one until it got on cable and I was really surprised. (William Defoes suit looked so generic though). Rolleyes

That's not always true. I could start a list if you'd like. We can head the list with Matrix: Reloaded and go from there.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
That's not always true. I could start a list if you'd like. We can head the list with Matrix: Reloaded and go from there.

Ain't that the truth.

I was disappointed with the Green Goblin costume, too. In the comic books it always looked 'real,' so I hoped they'd do that in the movie, but noooo.
Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy

The Matrix Reloaded was not that bad at all. People just had their expectations set way too high for it. It got a definite passing grade. Aside from that stupid rave dance scene and that unnecessary 20 minutes of garbage when Neo met the head Matrix creator in that TV room there was nothing wrong with that movie. As a matter of fact one of the best action sequences in movie hostory took place for almost 25 minutes starting with the battle with the Merovingian guys and ending with the famous highway scene. Having the same actors, etc. was a "succesful combination" as I stated previously. The Revolutions is a different story. As for Spiderman 2 I have no doubt the same naysayers will try to pick it apart yet look past the good points that outnumber the bad ones. I've noticed people on this site love to do that. Rolleyes
To be honest I didn't like Matrix Reloaded at all. I found it dull, pretentious and confusing (although the highway chase was good). Revolutions I thought was a good bit better, but could have done with more bits in the actual Matrix. And the ending was very unsatisfying.

As for Spiderman 2 I think it will be like the first. Fun, but rather forgettable.
Quote:Originally posted by Zagor
To be honest I didn't like Matrix Reloaded at all. I found it dull, pretentious and confusing (although the highway chase was good). Revolutions I thought was a good bit better, but could have done with more bits in the actual Matrix. And the ending was very unsatisfying.

Revolutions was alright but too many casting changes and new characters just weighed it down. I think they made a mistake not having Neo in the film for almost 45 minutes. One thing people are forgetting is that there was like 5 years between the original Matrix and the Reloaded/Revolutions and it just didn't flow. The first 3 Spidermans will no doubt be a little more "together" than the Matrix trilogy ended up I think.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Spiderman 3 ben_d_straw 1 497 July 13th, 2006, 12:29 PM
Last Post: justdecent
  Spiderman 3: When oh when? the nighthunter 2 893 January 22nd, 2006, 03:44 AM
Last Post: the nighthunter
  Spiderman 2 vs. Superman 2 ThePharoah 30 3,253 January 17th, 2005, 09:39 PM
Last Post: puddlejumper
  Spiderman 2 ThePharoah 29 1,654 August 14th, 2004, 09:32 PM
Last Post: FrodoFeet123
  The love story in Spiderman 2 tony12 10 629 July 7th, 2004, 03:49 AM