Rowling "Something important in The Chamber of secrets regarding book 6/7"
Evening,

Just thought I'd chuck out my thoughts on the 'important thing in CoS' and see if they made sense. Apologies if this is an old theory revisited.

I think the important thing is Dobby. More specifically his house elf magic. Even more specifically, the fact that he'll use it to protect Harry (as he did against Lucius Malfoy) Smile .

We know that house elves have a 'powerful magic of their own'. Maybe this could be another of those Old Magics that Voldemort has either forgotten about or despises. Seeing as he always seems to underestimate the magic of love (for want of a better phrase Smile ), I'm quite sure he'd underestimate the magic of a lowly house elf.

Wouldn't it be ironic if house elves are quite capable of say... blocking the Avada Kedavra spell, but the only reason that it's still considered to be unblockable is simply because no wizard has bothered to ask them how to do it. It would certainly put S.P.E.W into an interesting position!

-MagicBumblebee
Bought it. Off a man down the pub. Think he was quite glad to be rid of it t'be honest.
You know what Fosco, I've never thought of that. If Sirius comes back as a ghost... HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Point:bg:

Bye 4 now:drool:
Yeah, isn't that in the 5th book too...?
Quote:Originally posted by Hedwig32
You know what Fosco, I've never thought of that. If Sirius comes back as a ghost... HOW COOL IS THAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good Point:bg:

Bye 4 now:drool:

Nearly Headless Nick says "Not everyone can come back as a ghost"
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and I wonder now if the Book 2 thing JKR was referring to might not have been the "memory" of Voldemort. He left behind an imprint of his personality in the diary that Lucius Malfoy slipped into Ginnie Weasley's cauldron.

Harry enountered other "memories" when he faced Voldemort in the cemetary. Dumbledore seemed to be very interested in what the memories did before they vanished.

He was also somewhat enthusiastic (for a moment) about the fact that Voldemort had used Harry's blood to re-embody himself.

What if Dumbledore hopes to restore James and Lilly to life by killing Voldemort?

Voldemort says he wasn't dead. How sure can we be that James and Lilly are really dead?
Quote:Originally posted by Michael
I just finished reading Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire and I wonder now if the Book 2 thing JKR was referring to might not have been the "memory" of Voldemort. He left behind an imprint of his personality in the diary that Lucius Malfoy slipped into Ginnie Weasley's cauldron.
*snip*

That sounds like a distinct possibility to me, especially from this extract from the FAQ on JK Rowling's site....

In 'Chamber of Secrets', what would have happened if Ginny had died and Tom Riddle had escaped the diary?
I can’t answer that fully until all seven books are finished, but it would have strengthened the present-day Voldemort considerably.

Or maybe I'm jus reading too much into it.

-MagicBumblebee
Bought it. Off a man down the pub. Think he was quite glad to be rid of it t'be honest.
I know some people think that maybe someone is related to Godric, but did anyone think of the clue in book 2 about Harry as the descendant of Salizar?? Hermione says he lived thousands of years ago, for all we know, you could be. I don't think that the clue has anything to do with nearly headless nick's comment because it wasn't put into the movie. And if JKR knew it would be such an imortant part in the 6th, why would she let the film makers leave it out??
Voldemort (Tom Riddle, Jr.) is specifically stated by Dumbledore, I think, to be the last heir of Salazar Slytherin. So, unless he has a child, he is the end of the Slytherin bloodline.

I don't know if Harry could be Godric's descendant, but so far there seems to be no reason why he cannot be one.

You don't suppose Professor Gilderoy Lockhart could be the half-blood prince, do you? He did make that brief reappearance, after all, at St. Mungo's, and they said he seemed to be improving.
Quote:Originally posted by Michael

You don't suppose Professor Gilderoy Lockhart could be the half-blood prince, do you? He did make that brief reappearance, after all, at St. Mungo's, and they said he seemed to be improving.

Oh Heavens! :ohno: Let's hope not! :tongue: What a hoot that would be! The image of Lockheart with curlers in his hair, is one of my favorites! :bg:
What road did the wagon turn on? I'm confused and left in the dust. Can someone throw me a bone please?

Pinkfireprisoner, what was that about the Wildcats? I agree, the cats rule:paw: :crown:
Ah, shut up, Dursley, yeh great prune!
What fun to speculate! I might go with Hagrid, because giants might end up playing some important role, that turns the tide....
Randomness alert!

Harry Potter is a dude!:dude:
The one with the power to vanquish the dark lord approaches,born to those who have thrice defied him, born as the seventh month dies,and the dark lord will mark him as his equal,and either must die at the hand of the other
I think the diary is relevent too. Someone else could've left a living memory behind. I would have to reread CoS, but I believe there is also something significant about Harry pulling the sword out of the sorting hat. It's not because the sword is significant though. The sword belonged to Godric Griffindor. I think it ties in with Dumbledore and Fawkes somehow. I believe that Dumbledore is the Half Blood Prince. My thoughts are rambling.

I just can't wait until this book is finished and published. I've been into these books for three years now and the suspense is killing me.
Have you noticed that you only ever see Voldemort at night time. I personally think Tom Riddle is a good person. Voldemort is a bad person, possibly an evil spirit (Salazar Slytherin?) that can only take over at night and twist his face into a snake.

Maybe Voldemort is no longer Tom Riddle's body but James's. When James screamed "He's here, he's coming" Voldemort was bursting out of James Potter because night was beginning to fall. Obviously i feel sorry for the filmmakers if this is the case because you see Voldemort walking towards the house.

A bit of an OTT theory. but who knows?
Quote:Originally posted by Fosco_Diggory
I recently read an interview with JK Rowling. In the interview she said that there was something important in the chamber of secrets that will be revelent to the books after Order of the Phoenix-future books.

So I've re-read chamber, and I think I've found what she meant. Nearly headless nick said that when a wizard dies they decide to either go onto the after life or-stay in the mortal world as a ghost.

My question to this is, when Sirius died, which decision do u think he made? This is just a guess of course, but is also the best evidence there is to Sirius's possible return. Given the choice would he go onto the after life or stay to help Harry?Dunno just a theory

I saw that same interview with JK Rowling, and I thought she said that it was something said in the chamber itself in "The Chamber of Secrets" And since the 6th book is called " The Half Blood Prince" I kind of figured that Hagrid is the half blood prince, because he is half blood and JK likes his character and likes to develop it(I have no idea why), and in the chamber Tom Riddle says"... and so then I showed you my capture of that brainless ohf Hagrid to gain you trust..." So I think that Voldemort will underestimate Hagrid in someway, which will cause him a major setback. Well just a theory, I reread the book too, and that is kind of what I conjectured, but as a side note I think Sirius will return as a ghost, because Sir Nicholas said that he had to have something he needed to stick around for( Poor harry needs him) and he has to be afraid to die, so that is the only factor I am un sure of.
Nah. I think to kill an heir you need to stab him with the sword of a house. So Harry or whoever will need to stab him with Godric Gryffindors sword. As i explained earlier. I think.
Hi guys and gals. Just signed up.

I was never a big fan of HP until the movies. Ive just finished GOF and OOTP back to back!! Gonna read the first 3 now.

I read somewhere on JK's site that the mirror Sirius gave harry has a part in the next two books. Some way of getting him back or something I assume. Here have a look.

http://www.jkrowling.com/textonly/faq_view.cfm?id=22

I think that the sword has something to do with the next book. Cos apparently its to do with something HP finds in the chamber. I havnt read the book but in the movies he finds the sword and its the only thing I remember seeing in the movie which he finds and they wouldnt have missed an important thing like that out of the movie. Im sure JK would have made sure they included it in the film as it had an important part in the next book.

Oh yeah Dumbldore turning/is bad? Seems a bit obvious though, Dont think I would like it though.
Snape Rocks!
Dumbledore is NOT evil! He's very wise, very powerful, and knows a lot more than we do. Dumbledore is like the ultimate good guy. JKR wouldn't turn him evil... okay, that's another thing that if she did would ruin the whole book series... wait wrong thread. Smile
Part the mists and look beyond... there you will find Avalon.
nvm a bit of its the wrong thread it fits perfectly in this one.

I back you up X1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 Orange! lol
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Nah wait hold on! I quite like this idea of Dumbledore being evil. He so very powerful and there is a lot we don't know about him. I would quite like to see him kill Voldemort, then he himself would have to be stopped by the Gryffindor Crew.
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Secrets of Dumbledore - My Initial Thoughts Michael 3 317 September 2nd, 2022, 04:41 PM
Last Post: ZehnWaters
  Video: Trailer 2 for "Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore" Michael 0 269 March 2nd, 2022, 12:52 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Fans are upset at Rowling badlands 1 616 August 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM
  New (ish) book [No spoilers please] Irene 4 774 October 7th, 2016, 08:38 AM
Last Post: Irene
  Rowling reveal sad truth badlands 5 798 November 27th, 2015, 04:38 AM
Last Post: Paul Goode
  Video: J.K. Rowling and Daniel Radcliffe on "Harry Potter" FilmGuy 0 608 January 25th, 2014, 12:07 AM
Last Post: FilmGuy
  J.K. Rowling closes deal for more Potterverse movies FilmGuy 5 962 September 16th, 2013, 11:07 PM
  J.K. Rowling's Pseudonym Sells 500 Books BookBug 5 933 July 30th, 2013, 12:42 AM
  Shouldn't the Harry Horcrux have died in "Chamber of Secrets"? Michael 5 1,274 October 4th, 2011, 05:43 AM
Last Post: inked
  J.K. Rowling launches new Harry Potter Website Michael 5 808 June 26th, 2011, 11:59 PM