Narnia
Aaaaahhhhh, it's excellent to be back! :bg:

So, does anyone know any details about Narnia being filmed as a movie? I've heard it's being filmed in New Zeland, due to the popularity of LotR... and who's filming it? Who's in it? Details, I need details! lol:tongue:
my god, what a world you love.
The guy who directed Shrek is set to direct, for Walden Media and Disney (who teamed on "Holes") - there's a site at http://www.narnia.com/ .
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Thankee August! That I will enjoy!:bg:
Ive been wondering for some time how long it would take for someone to undertake the project of taking Narnia and creating it's world on the big screen. Its a shame they may only be resigning themselves to the second book 'The Lion, Witch and the Wardrobe' as the other books are each to themselves wonderfully created stories which hold some amazing characters within their leaves. However as long as they stick close to the book and create a good movie, I'll be happy to watch it and perhaps in time somone will take on some of the other stories and follow on the tale

Sara Lou
"Lion" is the first.

(Unless you count "The Magician's Nephew," but I don't think you should. Wink )
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
'Lion' was written first but to explain it orgins, CS wrote 'Magician'. I think it would make a good story.The Magicians Nephew is a great story and Im glad I read them in sequence as 'Magician' gives you the whole beginning of Narnia and introduces us to some its wonderful characters, plus I think on the big screen if it was done correctly, the whole creation of Narnia sequence could be great!

Of course the timeline could become pretty cofusing if they did indeed create all the books into the movies as I think it's 'Silver Chair' takes place at the same time as 'Lion' and they all sorta overlap etc.

They could make Magician into a movie after Lion, sort of as a prequel! Which would help any people who havent actually read the books.
I was two inches too tall to be in the Narnia movie. I think it would be one of the few times when I've had to say: curses, why couldn't I be shorter?
"Cali rules these forums. I think that whatever she says, she's always right, so I'm abdicating my throne for her to take over control. MWA to all! :kiss:"
- RobRoy
Quote:Originally posted by sarahloui

Of course the timeline could become pretty cofusing if they did indeed create all the books into the movies as I think it's 'Silver Chair' takes place at the same time as 'Lion' and they all sorta overlap etc.

They could make Magician into a movie after Lion, sort of as a prequel!

Yep, it was essentially a prequel as a book, so if the films are that popular, then it certainly makes sense. "Lion" is the most accessible - we gradually come to understand the magic world chapter by chapter, while a lot of "Nephew" (which I really do like) makes much more sense in retrospect, being able to say "*OH* - that's how it started," and "*OH* the kid grows up to become the Professor!"

"Silver Chair," though, takes place after "Dawn Treader," so many centuries after "Lion." Remember, Rillian is Caspian's son, and Eustace is the hero again. "Horse and His Boy," however, sort of takes place *during* "Lion," in that 20-30 year period when Lewis simply says that the four children grew up and had many adventures.

From the NZ Herald:

The makers of "The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe" have confirmed the New Zealand actors who are taking supporting roles in the film.

Judy McIntosh (Arriving Tuesday, Ngati) plays the matriarch of the Pevensie family and Elizabeth Hawthorne plays Mrs. MacReady, the caretaker of the mansion. Patrick Kake is the centaur Oreius, and Shane Rangi is General Otman, the minotaur leader of the White Witch's army.

Here's the pic they ran of Elizabeth Hawthorne:

[Image: r16hawthorne.JPG]

Note: Three of those actors are Renaissance Pictures alumni: Elizabeth Hawthorne (who has made a career of playing over-sexed women "of a certain age" on stage in plays like "The Graduate" and "Streetcar Named Desire") played Herc's mother Alcmene in the first season of the Hercules series, and was the voice of "Voice," the unseen leader on "Cleopatra 2525," among other roles. Patrick Kake was Kevin Sorbo's double for many years on HTLJ, ad then graduated to playing the Data-ish hunky android Mauser on "Cleo." And Judy McIntosh appeared once on "Cleo" as Cara, the widow of the real-life man Mauser was patterned after. She was also on a "Young Herc" episode as Leda, mother of Herc's half-brother Lucius (played by Craig Parker.)

Further note: I don't recall any characters named Oreius or Otman, nor any specific general of the witch's army. And I seem to recall the Pevensies' mum was never seen, since the parents were back in London, during the war. *sigh* Ah well.... Mrs. MacReady is definitely in the book though - the kids are hiding from the stern housekeeper, which is how they end up in the wardrobe to begin with. Smile
did anyone ever see the original narnia movies? i remember Lion and the Silver Chair, Voyage of the Dawn Treder(or something) and a few others, did anyone see these? they were british made if i remember
I saw parts of them - these are the ones for TV, correct? They were....*shrug* OK, given that they were videotaped not filmed (a la Dr. Who) and the SFX were on the level of the Muppet Show...the quality was minimal.....but the kids were good.
ummm.....maybe we're talking about the same thing
Quote:Originally posted by Gwaihir the Windlord
did anyone ever see the original narnia movies? i remember Lion and the Silver Chair, Voyage of the Dawn Treder(or something) and a few others, did anyone see these? they were british made if i remember

Oh, I've seen those. We have em on tape :bg:

They were alright, I guess.

lol, sorry, but I guess I'll think of Lucy with an overbite always saying, "Aslan, Aslan!" lol:tongue:
Quote:Originally posted by august
(Unless you count "The Magician's Nephew," but I don't think you should. Wink )

Y not?
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Because it's a prequel. It was the 5th or 6th book written, but takes place 60 or so years earlier.
I guess I'm bumping this thread out of the graveyard. Surprised no one has been talking about this movie in so long. Huge fan of the books myself, just read that the new Narnia trailer will air on TV Saturday night during the Harry Potter movie on ABC and on a bunch of other stations. Can't wait to check it out. Also, I've been checking out the new Narnia.com site this week and it is really gorgeous. Who's excited for the trailer?
WHEN is is scheduled to be released? is it a worldwide release? They're showing the trailer here too (Malaysia). Looks amazing.
Man who drop watch in toilet bound to have shitty time
Summer! Oh my gosh, I haven't seen you in ages!

Narnia comes out here in the US on December 9th, and in other countries around December/January. I don't know the release date for Malaysia, but it shouldn't be too too far behind the others.
good bumping, guys!

I had this in the authors area:http://sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=18520

Now that the official trailer is on moviefon etc, what do you think?
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
Well im glad someone dug this up coz i neither new about this thread nor the movie!

Anyone know if it's having a British cast or not?
Save a tree! (eat a beaver)

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  that time I unexpectedly met Peter from the Narnia films august 3 338 April 9th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Walden Media has lost the Narnia film rights FilmGuy 1 1,223 January 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Narnia co-Producer Perry Moore dead at age 39 Michael 0 492 February 20th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Michael
  the fauns in Narnia badlands 2 442 December 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian on Blu-ray HD and DVD RobRoy 0 331 December 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Faith and Film: C.S. Lewis and the Chronicles of Narnia Michael 0 363 August 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
  Narnia Nintendo game review Michael 0 370 August 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM
  Michael Apted picked to direct 3rd "Narnia" film Michael 1 534 April 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
  Narnia AnakinVader 9 769 October 5th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Sciguy
  Narnia 2 Gets Green Light SpringfieldST 8 1,040 February 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Last Post: slideyfoot