Narnia
davedapunk Wrote:Well im glad someone dug this up coz i neither new about this thread nor the movie!

Anyone know if it's having a British cast or not?

It appears the majority of the cast is either from the UK or if based in the UK. Some of the actors I couldn't check, since they haven't had as much exposure.

But by and large, the answer is yes.

My question is: Who's voicing Aslan?. I couldn't find an answer for this.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Aslan voicing has changed very recently: see http://www.narniafans.com lead articles and links over past week :dude:

specifically: http://www.narniafans.com/movies/cast/
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
The kids seem to be British - appropriate, since their characters are Wink as well as Tilda Swinton as the Witch, Rupert Everett voicing the fox, and James McAvoy voicing Mr. Tumnus (well, he's Scottish) plus the actors playing the Professor, the Beavers, etc.

The smaller roles do seem to have a fair number of New Zealanders though. Oreius (a centaur) is played by Patrick Kake (from "Hercules" and "Cleopatra 2525." "The Macready" is played by fellow "Herc/Cleo" alum Elizabeth Hawthorne (Voice, one of many Alcmenes, many other roles) and Mrs. Pevensie is played by Judy McIntosh, who turned up on "Cleo" as Kake's character's wife. And various "creatures" (centaurs, satyrs) are played by Kiwi character actors from like Stephen Ure (assorted orcs in LotR, assorted bad guys on "Xena") Sam LaHood and Shane Rangi (stunts in LotR) . Plus Shelly Edwards, who played the most recent Cyane on "Xena" is credited as "Distraught Mother #1." :lol:

And from that site, I see that Aslans's voice will be.....

To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Brian Cox, aka Stryker from X2, and Agamemnon from "Troy!"

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Brian Cox was going to be the voice of Aslan. It's a huge role, so they shouldn't have a problem getting a big name. I've heard Sean Bean and Liam Neeson mentioned, but I think they have a lot of other people to consider. I'm confident they'll pick someone perfect for the role.
Oh wow! Turns out it's Liam Neeson after all!

Quote:Andrew Adamson, director of The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe, announced at Comic-Con International in San Diego that Liam Neeson (Batman Begins) will provide the voice for the regal lion Aslan in the film. "Actually, we were intending to tell you who the voice of Aslan is tonight," Adamson said, appearing via satellite from London. "Some of you have suspiciously guessed, but it is in fact Liam Neeson. We've already recorded with him, and he's fantastic."

......Neeson will replace Brian Cox (X2), who was originally announced as the voice of Aslan. Moore said that after a few tests, the director and producers decided that Cox didn't fit their vision for the role. "He was phenomenal," Moore said. "We decided to go a different way with it, but he's an incredible actor. ... "

Details at Sci-Fi Wire .
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
august Wrote:Because it's a prequel. It was the 5th or 6th book written, but takes place 60 or so years earlier.

isnt that like star wars?
Shorey for England!
Reading fans

RoCk On SnOw PaTrOl

- Kwik Silva 44
Exactly! :bg: (Even with Liam Neeson in it too!)

Just written 35 years before "Star Wars."

But that's an old technique - Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was doing it in the 1800's, writing a famous book called "The White Company," and then a less-famous prequel called "Sir Nigel," as well as writing assorted Sherlock Holmes stories taking place prior to others.
Wow I was just totally speculating back in May, but it looks like it is Liam Neeson! Sounds like a great pick, he has a terrific voice.
Yep, I agree. But if he calls Edmund "my Padawan," I'm so outta there. :bounce:
Yeah, I'm with you August! Or, even breathes like Darth Vader or sounds like Obi Wan or (Good Heavens!) the little funny looking short guy or says "the Force" or ... you get the idea! :jester:
inked
"Aslan is not a tame lion. Safe?
No, he's not safe, but he's good."
CSL/LWW
Yeah I would imagine they had to take into consideration how recognizable his voice was from Star Wars, but regardless of that, I think he'll have a commanding enough voice for the role that it'll sound distinct enough compared to Star Wars.
Nah, I doubt anyone can spot Liam Neeson's voice, especially if he disguises his accent. And if they do, it could as easily be the voice of Rob Roy they're hearing. Wink
Good point, Neeson should definitely be able to disguise his accent well. I wonder if they're going to give his voice a bit of a "growl" to make Aslan seem more realistic.
Whoa! Anna Popplewell as Susan is a bit more ...errmmm .... ahem...mature than I had imagined her.
Hooray for a bit more mature! :clap:
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
august Wrote:Nah, I doubt anyone can spot Liam Neeson's voice, especially if he disguises his accent. And if they do, it could as easily be the voice of Rob Roy they're hearing. Wink

I did notice his voice in the (longer) preview, but of course, I was looking for it and had seen Batman Begins recently. IMO I think that Neeson was a good pick for the voice of Aslan, and hope that he sounds deep enough in the film. (8 days...)
'But... it was so artistically done...' His penetrating, red-glowing eyes faded, as did the life of the last Imperial Grand Admiral.
First review from the Hollywood Reporter is very favorable!
I saw the movie today...this afternoon. Was great!!!! Extremely well done. And followed the book very closely - though you couldn't tell from the first few opening scenes.

Very, very cool!!! Y'all must go see it. :bg:
[SIZE=2]Keeper of Cole and The Cullen Men

"Once the Queen's dead the King's useless . . . maybe he's too depressed to fight; he really loved her you know"
[/SIZE]

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  that time I unexpectedly met Peter from the Narnia films august 3 338 April 9th, 2018, 04:34 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Walden Media has lost the Narnia film rights FilmGuy 1 1,223 January 7th, 2012, 06:29 PM
Last Post: august
  Narnia co-Producer Perry Moore dead at age 39 Michael 0 492 February 20th, 2011, 04:43 AM
Last Post: Michael
  the fauns in Narnia badlands 2 442 December 22nd, 2008, 12:44 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  The Chronicles of Narnia: Prince Caspian on Blu-ray HD and DVD RobRoy 0 331 December 16th, 2008, 02:57 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Faith and Film: C.S. Lewis and the Chronicles of Narnia Michael 0 363 August 26th, 2008, 12:11 AM
  Narnia Nintendo game review Michael 0 370 August 26th, 2008, 12:00 AM
  Michael Apted picked to direct 3rd "Narnia" film Michael 1 534 April 28th, 2007, 05:08 PM
  Narnia AnakinVader 9 769 October 5th, 2006, 01:58 PM
Last Post: Sciguy
  Narnia 2 Gets Green Light SpringfieldST 8 1,040 February 7th, 2006, 06:12 PM
Last Post: slideyfoot