Warm welcome to European Xena fans!
I've noticed a lot of posts recently from new visitors to the site, including Soturinprincessa from Finland, and aquarius G from Poland. ROCxlan is a long-time poster and is from Germany, CorXena who used to visit often is from Austria, HardGrin is Dutch, and Tess and Killing Joke are both Belgian. (And I know Sexena from the Czech Republic lurks here sometimes, and Darkamber from Norway will pop in from the Cleo forum every now and then! Smile ) Their enthusiasm and love for the show is always so obvious when European fans post, and it's always such a pleasure to read! :bg:

So welcome to the site! :clap: :clap: :clap:

I'd love to hear each of you tell how you first discovered the show - was it when it first aired? Or more recently? And is it running in your country now? If so, what time, and on what channel? And is it dubbed into your language, or aired with sub-titles?

And.... have you seen the other Ren Pics shows, Hercules, Young Hercules, Jack of All Trades, and Cleopatra 2525? Are they on now? And did you enjoy them?

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Hi and thanks!!
Ehm.. Xena was my fave show even when i was something about 9, and then they stopped showing it on the channel called mtv3. then, a couple of years ago, they started to show it again from the new channel, subtv, which i didn't have. for a few moths ago my mom bought me a digibox, so i got the channel, and two weeks ago they showed the last ep. but i asked the ppl of subtv if they're gonna show even one season again and they answered that they're gonna show season six again later!!:bg: :bg:
all the shows here are subtexted (shows for kids not count), and i'm so happy about that, because for a while ago i saw this movie that was dubbed and it was awful not to hear the natural voice of the ppl! but it was for kids, (not animated, but still), so that's why it was dubbed. but in other movies, there a subtextes.Smile
Be brave, be bold, be free...

~*Maria*~
Hi everyone,

Sjjeez I havent been to this board in a while... RL is keeping me busy. And i also couldnt find it for a while for some odd reason. But I'm back it seems.

I discovered the show on a trip to the US in the summer of 96, I saw the trailer and it looked so rediculous I just HAD to see it. And I was not dissapointed, It was fonderfully campy and yet that woman kicking butt was really cool at the same time. This was what I had been waiting for all my life without even knowing it. If she hadnt worn the wrong color lipstick it might have been perfect.
So I proceded to tell all my friends about it. Then to my great surprise I showed up on dutch TV with hercules soon after. So I was happy and diddnt shut up about it. By the time I found out this was supossed to be a secret indulgens to be in the closet about it was already to late.

Dutch TV has been very disrespectfull towards the show. playing it at impossible times rerunning the same eps over and over. At the moment they are showing it around midnight, on monday and wednesday. they seem to be doing season 2 and 6 or something. I dunno, I tend to be asleep at that time cuz i get up at 7 these days. But I got DVDs. The channel that is showing it is called Yorin, strangely appropreate for the crap kinda channel they are, and the show is subtittled than god.

I like all the other RenPic shows, they need to make more of them. Or something completely different(yet equally cool) cuz thats what they do best.

Now I'm just waiting for the movie and some other show to come along. I had high hopes for Wonderfalls but that got cancelled already (I'm so annoyed by that!Sad) I hope those Renpickers are up to something good for the masses Lord knows we need it.
*a friend in need is a friend indeed - a friend with weed is better - a friend with breasts and all the rest - a friend who's dressed in leather* - Placebo -
Wow! I havent visited this board in ages! I dont know how long it's been...but certainly a long time!
I dont know why I stopped coming here! I guess...because some things in RL just took over and also because I got involved at another message board which is pretty active and well....I dont have the time to hang out on every message board on the net and and nowadays I spend my days at the TX board!

Doesnt mean that I have forgotten about this board here. I'm just always so busy with spreading any news about Lucy,Ren,X:WP in general.....everywhere that I just dont have the time anymore to post at all message boards all the time!

Anyways..

Thanks to August, a good friend, I came back here now....he asked me to participate in this thread!

I've been a vivid fan of Xena:WP since the 11th of January 1999. I saw "The Quill Is Mightier Than The Sword" (3rd season) and thought it was absolut bullsh*t! Yeah,I was young and stupid then! LMAO

Well,I turned it off again but the next sunday I was bored again and turned on the tv and Xena yelled at me "She is not a child but a vessel for evil...." and I was totally scared but at the same time something about this woman with the blue eyes hit me and .....yeah,thats how I got hooked.
I just totally fell in love with the show because of the wonderful relationship it depicted between Xena & Gabrielle and at first I had problems with seeing them as a couple. Well,thru the years lots of things have changed....also my opinion about that and since about 2 years I am a firm believer in the love between these 2 women and that they are absolutely a couple!
But yeah...think I got carried away there for a second!Sorry!

A lot of people call my crazy when they hear my story about how this show has saved my life!
But it is true! If not for this show I would be long dead!
Thru the years I've learned so much from Xena & Gabrielle and that there are things worth living for!
They have touched my life in ways that I cant explain!
Xena & Gabrielle have opened my eyes!

Because of this show, I met all my friends, the most wonderful,kind and gracious people ever - from all over the world - who have become my family and who I love more than anything!

I've been a part of the Xenaverse for almost 6 years now, and I wouldn't want to miss 1 second of it!
I am * * * * *proud* to be a Xenite and also tremendously thankful for everything this community has done for me during the years!

I got to meet a couple of very wonderful and skilled actors and artists from the show who never cease to amaze me and they have truly inspired and touched me and my life in so many different ways!
And I am very grateful for that!

...yikes,I'm getting carried away again...:o sorry...

Xena's 6th and last season just started airing on a German channel but I dont watch it because I already know the whole season and prefer to watch my dvds with the uncut/unedited versions and also,the origional voices.

The show is being dubbed in Germany which is great for all the viewers who dont speak English, but I really prefer to hear the real voices of the actors!

The channel is called RTL,btw.

Quote:And.... have you seen the other Ren Pics shows, Hercules, Young Hercules, Jack of All Trades, and Cleopatra 2525? Are they on now? And did you enjoy them?

I sometimes watched Hercules but never really got into it. Never seen Young Herc, or JoAT or Cleopatra 2525.

...well...I hope I answered your questions and didnt babble too much nonsense!

I think I might be popping back in again sometime! Smile

Thanks,August, for inviting me back here!!

Cheers,CorXy
Hi everyone,

Also for me - it's been AGES I've been here.
My 3 jobs, Paintball and odd boyfriends kept me busy.
btw I'm Belgian Smile

I started to watch Xena because I hated those shows, I wanted to find out why kids should love these over the top action shows.
Well, about 10 minutes in a first season ep I was hooked LOL
Boy was I hooked. I told everyone about Xena and my dad turned out to be a fan aswell. Since then we watched it together for a while.
I met cool xenites over the internet, went to a few conventions and became friends with a cast member. Had fun and very cool moments in my life which made me who I am today. The same goes for the show. I have the feeling I went through a phase, a part of me felt completed afterwards.

My 2 euro cents,
Tess

Bad girls shoot paint!
Hey welcome back one and all nice to see familiar names as well as the new ones ..Smile

Its interesting to read how Xena has affected different people in different ways.

Cheers
Stripe
[SIZE="2"]The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams[/SIZE]
The Absent-Minded Professor
But as I said my phase is over. I can't even watch 1 whole ep anymore, don't know why maybe I became too restless or sumthin'

I have to say I enjoyed Lucy in The X-files (was on Belgian TV last weekend), then I'm back a xenite rooting for Lucy. But after her scene I'm all x-phile again for the rest of the ep.
What I'm saying is I can't hold on the xenite spirit for longer then a few minutes these days while I used to live, eat & breath Xena years ago.

Can anyone relate or is it just me?

Tess
Well.... since many of us don't see it on a regular basis anymore (it's on daily on Oxygen, but 9 AM and 3 PM are not convenient times for many) and since there's no aniticpation of what will happen next... it's not surprising that it may not have the same immediate appeal as it once did. It's extremely cool, however, that reruns are helping a new generation of fans to discover it worldwide. Based solely on what I've seen at assorted message boards and lists, a large number of these appear to be girls from 13 to 16, along with a few moms who are discovering it along with their kids. The especially neat thing is that with reruns, one sort of experiences the series as a body of work, so there isn't anger when one episode is not as good as the next, or when a particular character does or does not appear. Likewise, these new fans aren't told how to view or interpret the show, and so they are able to appreciate it in its entirety.
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Hi there -- newbie xenite from the UK (not as exotic as some other locales, but what the hey.)

I was living in Eastern Europe when the show was airing, and since my native language is English I never watched tv because I couldn't stand hearing the wrong voices coming out of familiar faces. I honestly never thought much of Xena the once or twice I'd seen it in English, but when I moved back to the UK and Bravo started airing the full series I thought I'd give it a go.

Wow.

The show was stripped (4 eps a week) so my experience of it is quite different from those who saw it week to week. Season 3 was like being pummeled, but oddly, that's the season that took me from "this is actually kind of fun" to "OMG, this is brilliant!" Sadly, I'd only just fallen head-over-heels and it was gone.

I've been in other fandoms and I'm *so* sorry I missed this one when the show was on. The run ended in Feb and I feel like I'm still in widow mode, desperately looking for people to talk to about my poor dead love. I didn't want to surf much while it was airing because I didn't want to be spoiled, so I'm really glad to see there's still people out here. Hi, all!
So glad to see you here - welcome!

So did the entire six seasons air in the UK, then?

Also - funny and ironic that you really started to enjoy the show during its third season, exactly the period that the show's few (but vocal) detractors claim people began not liking it! :laugh:

Please - vist again - post often! Take off your shoes and make yourself at home. :bg:
Quote:Originally posted by august
So glad to see you here - [b]welcome!

So did the entire six seasons air in the UK, then? [/B]

Yup, over a period of about six months. They jerked the time around a bit, and cut the second airing of each ep halfway through, but I managed to see all but half a dozen of the eps.

Quote: Also - funny and ironic that you really started to enjoy the show during its third season, exactly the period that the show's few (but vocal) detractors claim people began not liking it! :laugh:

Until then, I'd found it rather fluffy with a couple of blow-me-down eps -- The Debt, A Day in the Life, etc. But I'm an arc whore and once it got to S3 I was just stunned by the kind of risk they were taking with the characters. I was bounding down the stairs every morning just dying to know what happened next -- I can't imagine the torture of waiting a week, sometimes more.

Then there were things like One Against An Army, which should have been a sap-fest, and instead was just a simple and beautiful story about courage and love (with one hell of a fight scene, yeah!). It was the depth of the relationship that really hooked me -- however one wants to view the sexual aspect, those two were lovers in every other sense of the word -- and the price of that is explored so well in S3.

The really funny thing is that I always liked Xena, but for the first three seasons I didn't care that much for Gabrielle. Sometime in the fourth I started to find her spiritual dilemma fascinating -- wasn't that also a place where most fans parted company? {g} And I hated the haircut. Yet, by the end I was madly in love with the short hair and the amazon garb, with this reluctant warrior who tried so hard and gave up so much.

Now, as I'm working my way through the series again I find myself adoring that babbling little girl with the dreadful long skirt and the face of an angel, partly because I know where that innocent wish to be a warrior just like Xena is going to take her. Hindsight makes 20-20, eh? I really can't think of another show that let a leading character grow so far and change so much.

Quote: Take off your shoes and make yourself at home. :bg: [/B]

(Fi checks her socks. :fright: )

Thanks for the welcome!
Aaaa! Hellooo!!! I finally found time (many exams latelySad) to check what's going on here and what do my big brown eyes see?? A welcome party for European fans!! Hehe!

Many questions do you have, ha??:bg: (as Yoda would say)

1) I believe I started to watch X:WP from the beginning (...but don't remember exactly when it was...a long time ago in a Xenaverse far far away...) but I DO remember watching it in 1998. And though I was still a kid, I loved the show veeery much. Of course I didn't see the message in it and I worshipped only Xena. But that have changed :drool: Now I can't take my eyes off of the screen when ROC's there! When she smiles my TV set sparkles Wink And the friendship, relationship or whatever you believe there is between X&G is just brilliant!!! Thanks to LL and ROC of course! :clap: I have no doubts that I watch it now from different reasons.

2) X:WP is still running in Poland, we're in the middle of season 6 right now but of course it's not for the first time. The show is on TV4 and originally was on Polsat (they are somehow related so I hope that as soon as X:WP ends again, they will play it from the very beginning:dummy: )

3) We've got 1 ep a week, on Fridays at 7pm and re-runs on Sundays and Mondays at 2pm. Thank the Gods for re-runs!:tongue:

4) Only films for kids are dubbed into Polish, so we have the original voices, though it's hard sometimes to hear everything because we have..a...I don't know how to call that guy...a commentator maybe?

5) I've seen every title of Ren Pics shows that you mentioned except Jack of All Trades but maybe I just don't recall the Polish title, hmm... Nope.
We have Cleopatra 2525 now but I don't watch it, it's kinda weird. And there is no Renee or Lucy, so...

Do these answers satisfy you August?? :bg:
"You forgot to duck!"- Gabrielle in "Punchlines"
Yep, all satisfied! :bg:

(Note: my German ancestors were from Frankfurt an der Oder, which I believe is just across the river from Poland, correct? )

"Cleopatra 2525" is a very well done show if you like science fiction, and even then, you have to enjoy the Xena-like addition of humor and martial arts. "Jack of All Trades" was another half-hour action show starring Bruce Campbell as a Zorro-like masked hero - he's in my avatar at left. Like Cleo, it used all the same NZ locations and actors (Danielle "Ephiny" Cormack appeared as Catherine the Great, for example, and Michael "Iolaus" Hurst appeared as a Nemo-like submarine captain/inventor named Nardo daVinci.) Go here for details if you're interested. Smile

Say, could you do me a favor? I want to add the info for Cleo to my Cleo page. Would it be possible for you to type, in Polish, what time it is shown, and on what channel? Something like "Now airing on Channel Two in Poland at 9:00 PM." Thanks!
(Note: yup, that's the river Smile our natural border and finally the only one Tongue)

Hey, I love science fiction and I've seen "Cleopatra 2525"a few times (well, fragments of it actually). I guess I didn't pay much attention and now it's too late- I've just checked and unfortunately the show is over... But I remember watching it about 2 weeks ago :mad:
If something changes I'll be happy to let you know:bg:

From RenPics shows now airing is X:WP only.

BTW now I'm sure "Jack of All Trades" has never been on in Poland (maybe it's because we have so many series of our own which are usually boooring)
Please, don't get me wrong but people here prefer movies and series that are "closer to real life". I'm not one of them :bg:
"You forgot to duck!"- Gabrielle in "Punchlines"
AHA! I KNEW we had a thread for this very purpose! Heart
Loool... ^^ Thanks for sending me this thread anyway... ^^ Looks like Tess's belgian (speaks over Belgian TV ^^)

So thank you guy!
"To conquer others is to have power... To conquer yourself is to know the Way." Lao Ma
Oh yeah, Tess = Thessa - she not only is Belgian, but works in Belgian television, for something called VRT - I believe she's written for a show called "Sedes & Belli" and also something called "Urbain." And Joke, aka Killing Joke above, is Belgian as well. Smile
:hello: Yeah... If she works for VRT, so Tess's a Belgian who speaks Dutch originally. Glad to know that someone who works at the belgian TV do like our favorite show^^ But she's here as guest as I see (I think) so she shouldn't have write much... Too bad...

August, you're not the "king of thieves" (i'm sorry for ya :laugh: ) but you're the "king of informations" so long live the king :crown: !!!!

:laugh: and I don't laugh at you (once more, I think... )
"To conquer others is to have power... To conquer yourself is to know the Way." Lao Ma
Yep, originally you didn't have to sign up to post, just to be able to use the snazzy graphics and signatures and so forth, and to edit your messages. A few years back there was a huge server crash, and everyone had to re-register, and Thessa never did, I guess. She actually used to be pretty active here, back when the show was running in Belgium, I guess.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? xenagabby888 26 32,177 February 13th, 2022, 12:29 AM
Last Post: Tabbyhamm1979
  Videos: Lucy Lawless interviews about Xena: Warrior Princess Michael 0 589 April 7th, 2021, 04:35 PM
Last Post: Michael
Big Grin Happy 25th Anniversary Xena ! august 4 1,296 November 12th, 2020, 09:05 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Xena faces off against Callisto...behind the bar! august 9 1,703 November 20th, 2018, 08:35 PM
  Xena stars on the shows 20th anniversary Boomstick 1 880 September 4th, 2018, 10:46 AM
Last Post: august
  22 years of Xena Warrior Princess :O august 6 1,147 September 18th, 2017, 10:33 AM
  NBC-Universal is serious about a Xena reboot ... or are they? august 34 3,380 August 22nd, 2017, 07:51 PM
  Little Xena + Gabby on Halloween! august 3 2,352 October 29th, 2016, 12:57 PM
  Xena opening credits - Lego style! august 4 976 October 9th, 2016, 04:57 PM
  Shatner to produce a documentary about Xena fans? august 3 1,080 October 23rd, 2012, 01:02 AM
Last Post: Michael