Dorn in TNG and Star Trek VI
How come Michael Dorn is in Star Trek VI as Kirk and Bones' attorney? IIRC, they even call him Worf. But the movie came out during the run of TNG. I don't understand.
Quote:Originally posted by SpringfieldST
How come Michael Dorn is in Star Trek VI as Kirk and Bones' attorney? IIRC, they even call him Worf. But the movie came out during the run of TNG. I don't understand.

In The Undiscovered Country, Dorn's character is General Worf, a relative of Worf son of Mog, and most likely whom Worf is named after. If you notice, General Word has a slightly different foreheard configuration than Worf of TNG.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
I see, thanks.
Any excuse to crowbar Worf into a movie that he really shouldn't be in!:bg:
Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
In The Undiscovered Country, Dorn's character is General Worf, a relative of Worf son of Mog, and most likely whom Worf is named after. If you notice, General Word has a slightly different foreheard configuration than Worf of TNG.

Didn't Worf's forehead configuration change over the course of TNG or does it just look like it did because his hairstyles changed?
It was definitely different in the first season - more horizontal ridges. Then they changed them so they kind of met in the middle and went up. I'm pretty sure the skin colour make-up they used changed also.
Worf's changes were very subtle though. His hair changed a great deal, and thank the gods for that. He looked much better with the long hair than he did with the page-boy bob.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Wouldn't over the course of time and aging, Kilingon's ridges change naturally, like humans getting wrinkles?
Have Klingons never heard of anti-ageing face cream? So much for being an advanced race!:bg:

Here's a good page of Worf photos

Not only are the ridges different in the early shot (right hand side, second down) but the skin tone and even the actual shape of his head!
Quote:Originally posted by Jammin
Not only are the ridges different in the early shot (right hand side, second down) but the skin tone and even the actual shape of his head!

Yeppers, different. But not vastly so. Only subtley different. Aging alone could account for the change in forehead ridges.

I believe in the documentary "Trekkies" during and interview Dorn refers to the different names cast members have called his forehead makeup. I don't know if each name refers to a different forehead prosthesis...
In case anyone hadn't noticed-Michael Dorn was also on DS9 before he played his Worf character on the show.
I saw the episode just the other day and although I dont remember/know the name of it...it's the one where Bashir falls for that woman that can fly on her own planet but can't "fly" on the station and has to use a 'wheelchair" to get around as well as metal-like attatchments on her body and a cane to walk....Michael Dorn was the Klingon server at the "New Klingon Resturant on the Promenade".

Although he had on a "fat suit" and looked totally different, there is no way to disguise his voice, it's Michael Dorn behind all that fatness. He even sang near the end of the episode, in Klingon. I dont recall seeing his name in the end credits tho cause they make them so small so they can advertise something else at the same time...but it's definatly Michael Dorn.
I even recognize his voice on several cartoons my daughter watches.
Wow. I hadn't noticed that. That's some great trivia. Thanks Orange. I'll have to look for that as SpikeTV starts airing the reruns of DS9.

Be sure to let me know when you see that episode RR...I'm sure you wont be disappointed:bg: .

I personally cant wait to watch tonight's show again...it has Q and Vash....
He couldn't have been on DS9 before Next Gen because DS9 came after.
If he did appear on DS9 in an alternate role before he joined the cast as Worf, it's not credited on IMDb. Possibly Orange was mistaken, or it was a cameo without credit. I
don't recall ever hearing about this.
Space Marshal Wrote:He couldn't have been on DS9 before Next Gen because DS9 came after.

No, the original poster - 11 years ago Huh Rolleyes- meant that Dorn may have appeared on DS9, before he appeared as Worf on that show. In other words, in an
uncredited cameo. If so, you'd think it would be mentioned on the dvd set with that episode - and it may be. It's not listed in his entry at Memory Alpha though, which is pretty
much the definitive site for connections like that, although not formally connected to Paramount. My guess is that it's just a similar voice, since all the Klingon guest stars went
for that same sound. Even Patrick Stewart does a decent Dorn imitation - in promoting First Contact, I remember in interviews Stewart would get lots of laughs saying "If you
were any other man, I would kill you where you stand!" in Dorn's voice. :laugh:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
From what I can find, the episode in question is "Melora," and the Klingon Chef is played by a guy named Ron Taylor, so it seems it's not Dorn.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0708567/
Aha - and Ron Taylor is the exact same age (born in 1952) ethnicity and even regional background (Texas) as Dorn. His biggest professional coup seems to
have been as the voice of Audrey II in the original Little Shop of Horrors, meaning that he absolutely would have Dorn's same deep baritone. Although he seems to have been
about a hundred lbs. heavier. So mystery solved! :clap:

Here he is in and out of Klingon make-up:

Attached Files Image(s)

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
This is Dorn in an interview.

Watch https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1EpIq8tr1n4 from YouTube
SF-Fandom not responsible for video content

SF-Fandom reserves the right to remove inappropriate video content from its discussions. YouTube may remove the video from its service without notification.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Star Trek: Strange New Worlds (Michael's thoughts) Michael 0 93 May 9th, 2022, 01:38 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Star Trek: Picard Michael 1 220 May 9th, 2022, 01:32 AM
  How can star trek get new fans? hour_25mikehodel 4 155 May 9th, 2022, 01:19 AM
  In Defense of Star Trek: Enterprise Michael 19 1,714 April 6th, 2022, 05:21 PM
  Star Trek: Lower Decks Valandil 1 456 December 1st, 2021, 07:02 PM
Last Post: rkomar
  Star Trek languages badlands 4 596 July 1st, 2021, 10:19 AM
  Video - History of Star Trek Michael 0 618 July 25th, 2020, 09:18 PM
  Star Trek video/ computer games badlands 4 1,090 July 23rd, 2020, 11:02 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Mary Sue character in Star Trek badlands 13 1,766 June 29th, 2020, 10:30 AM
Last Post: Alvin Eriol
  New Animated Star Trek badlands 3 827 June 8th, 2020, 12:00 PM