Attack of the Clones... Old Folks' Home
OK, I have a strange question. In Star Wars Episode II: Attack Of The Clones when Obi-Wan reports back to the Jedi Council from the cloners' planet, he tells his droid to send the message "care of the Old Folks' Home". To be sure I wasn't mis-hearing this, I checked the dvd subtitles, and sure enough they say "old folks home". Does anybody have any idea what that's about? Am I missing something? I don't remember an old folks home in the movie......:confused:
"It's money, and adventure, and fame! It's the thrill of a lifetime! And a long sea voyage that starts at six o'clock tomorrow morning..."
Uh..Confusedcratches head: Are you sure you heard correctly?
Quote:Originally posted by wildrabbit310
Uh..Confusedcratches head: Are you sure you heard correctly?

Yep. I even put on the subtitles to compare. If you have the dvd, check it out...
"It's money, and adventure, and fame! It's the thrill of a lifetime! And a long sea voyage that starts at six o'clock tomorrow morning..."
Okay, I popped it in, switched on the subtitles and you're right. Good ears.

What Obi Wan says is: Scramble a message to Courissant, care of the old folk's home.

It seems to me that he wanted R4 to send the message so that it couldn't be traced, or maybe traced to an entirely different place than it was actually going to. Makes sense, what with Jango Fett right around the corner. That's my theory anyway.
Sheldon: I'm not crazy. My mother had me tested.

~ The Big Bang Theory
It was a joke! :bg: :bg: :bg: OB1 has a sense of humor.Wink

I mean it's not like in New Hope when Luke jumps out of his X-Wing and yells, Carrie!:laugh::laugh::laugh:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
It's a joke? I can see that. Yoda definetly is an old-folkie, isn't he?:bg:

~ The Big Bang Theory
Well, maybe if i ever watch the DVD again, i'll check it out. and Yoda..yeh..he's old..but you gotta love him..heehee. Notice any other slip-ups in the other Star Wars movies?

~lili
Notice any other slip-ups in the other Star Wars movies?

~lili

Yeah, Lucas forgot to entirely edit Jar Jar out of Phantom Menace.
I like you, already, lol. I totally agree with you. heehee. They should've killed him off or something.

~lili
I still have hopes that he gets blasted in Episode III.
Oh, definitly. Do you hate anyone/anything else?(or are really annoyed with anyone/anything else?)

~lili
Oh, definitly. Do you hate anyone/anything else?(or are really annoyed with anyone/anything else?)

~lili

Pretty much everything that happens in AOTC, aside from most of Obi Wan's stuff. I wouldn't even have the DVD, but my bro bought it for me for Xmas.

~ The Big Bang Theory
Yeah...Obi Wan was neat. I really liked AOTC though...The special effects were great..i usually judge movies by them..well, in the past few yrs anyways.

~lili
The special effects were great..i usually judge movies by them..well, in the past few yrs anyways.

~lili

I usually buy movies if the special effects are great. :bg:
Quote:Originally posted by Nils Helstrom
Yeah, Lucas forgot to entirely edit Jar Jar out of Phantom Menace.

LOL. Poor Jar Jar. Does anyone think if his character wasn't such a doofus, would you have liked him better?
I can imagine quite a bit.
Yep, so do i! hehe..buy any recently?
Yep, so do i! hehe..buy any recently?

No not recently... unless you consider older sci-fi bad! :bg: :bg: :bg:

But some movies that come to mind are Hollow and Planet of the Apes and Red Planet Blush

~lili

Currently most annoying or hated film characters:

C-3P0 in Attack Of The Clones
The entire cast and crew of Clint Eastwood's Bloodwork
Ben Affleck's character in Sum Of All Fears
Ben Affleck's character's girlfriend in Sum Of All Fears
Jar Jar (again, because it just can't be emphasized enough)
Any character performed by Brittany Spears in any medium

Oh well, I had better stop there. Hate, you know leads to anger. Anger leads to fear. And fear leads to bed wetting.
Quote:Originally posted by Han Solo
LOL. Poor Jar Jar. Does anyone think if his character wasn't such a doofus, would you have liked him better?

No.
BlueDelvia-I liked Red Planet ^_^

Han Solo-No...Jar Jar..we just hate him..wait "hate" might be too harsh of a word..let's go with "dislike". We dislike Jar Jar. Of course, you can correct me if I'm wrong, there.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Video: "Chewie, We're Home" - New Star Wars trailer FilmGuy 7 1,436 April 29th, 2015, 02:23 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Star Wars: Attack Of The Clones Music eugenewilson 6 986 May 19th, 2007, 11:30 AM
Last Post: eugenewilson
  Clones hitting their head Imperial grunt 3 698 August 7th, 2005, 10:46 PM
Last Post: Han Solo
  So are stormtroopers clones? astrogirl69 39 8,077 June 14th, 2005, 07:11 AM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  Please explain Attack of the Clones! I'd like to be informed upon seeing Episode III Jehosaphet 2 1,167 May 21st, 2005, 09:57 PM
Last Post: mybookiethewookie
  Attack of the Clones question Gwaihir the Windlord 4 548 February 17th, 2005, 04:41 PM
Last Post: Boba,Obi Wan,Jango
  "...Old folks home..." episode 2 I GOT NO NAME 3 666 July 29th, 2004, 07:31 PM
  Clones in the Clone Wars Mirage 7 618 September 17th, 2003, 12:06 PM