missferal

- Be nice to people on your way up
because you might meet 'em
on your way down -

>***********************<

Official International Kevin Sorbo Fan Club
http://www.ozfans.com

I love the chronicles of Narnia!!! I'm so glad that they are making a movie!!! Like you said, I hope the film does Lewis justice! Though I really can't see Nicole Kidman as the witch at all... but I could be proven wrong... hope so :o)
*Back to the Future~ George McFly: Last night, Darth Vader came down from planet Vulcan and told me that if I didn't take Lorraine out that he'd melt my brain!
Somehow I think she'll fit the role just fine.... :there:

Alas, I could not resist.
That's ironic, because Nicole Kidman also plays Samantha Stephens in Bewitched.(It comes out in 2005, however.)
Quote:Originally posted by Buffy_Summers
That's ironic, because Nicole Kidman also plays Samantha Stephens in Bewitched.(It comes out in 2005, however.)

And in that movie Practical Magic. I guess it just comes naturally for her. LOL, but seriously I didn't like Practical Magic at all, and you know stars are going to be grabbing roles in upcoming fantasy movies after the whole Lord of the Rings mess.
Why oh why can't she just stay well enough away? pouts.
The fact that your arguments don't hold up under scrutiny is your problem, not mine. - Anya cutting to the heart of things at 3:00 in the morning

RobRoy agrees with me, therefore I am right.
Bad choice, unless they're going to use a lot of make up...
:paw: Speak up! Don't mumble!!
Ah, no Nicole after all. Another pale, redheaded, statuesque (5'11") actress with Australian roots (her mother) is playing the role - Tilda Swinton, of "Orlando" and "The Beach."

Apparently they've just begun filming in NZ, with the Shrek director directing.

August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
I think Nicole is perfect for the role. If the make-up is right she'll be good. Alot of you people don't like her but you can't tell me she cant act. Watch "The Others" and you'll see what mean.
Quote:I think Nicole is perfect for the role. If the make-up is right she'll be good.

Ah, but see above - no matter how perfect she may be, Tilda Swinton is playing it. Although now there's a rumor that Nicole will narrate it. Given that it's not a narrative-heavy book, I can't imagine a need for a narrator though.

Quote:A lot of you people don't like her but you can't tell me she cant act.

Well, that Oscar pretty much settles that.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
August  - Jack's Pack Fan # 1, Keeper of the List, 3-Time Speaker of the JoAT Fan Quote of the Week, and the only person ever to have Back 2 Back Jack and Cleo fan quotes !
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Disdain
Why oh why can't she just stay well enough away? pouts.

Perhaps because many fans like me simply adore her Lady D! :tongue:

Quote:Originally posted by moif
Bad choice, unless they're going to use a lot of make up...

Have you seen The Hours?

She's not afraid to look unlike her normally bubbly pretty self. :there:
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Quote:Originally posted by august
Well, that Oscar pretty much settles that.....

Not really. Look at the female leading role winners from the last few years...I don't think I'm the only one that feels that the majority of them hardly deserved such an accolade.

Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
She's not afraid to look unlike her normally bubbly pretty self.

Do most women think she's pretty? I've never been able to figure out what men see in her. It's always been my opinion that she's pale, skinny, and her 'smile' just creeps me out. :anxious:
Quote:Not really. Look at the female leading role winners from the last few years...I don't think I'm the only one that feels that the majority of them hardly deserved such an accolade.

:laugh Well, perhaps, but there really is no higher accolade. Once you've won an Oscar, there's nothing any higher. A Tony *maybe* could be considered equal, but few actors work on Broadway any more, and most of the world is unaware of what they do there.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick

Do most women think she's pretty? I've never been able to figure out what men see in her. It's always been my opinion that she's pale, skinny, and her 'smile' just creeps me out. :anxious:

I can't answer for most women, but I think she's absolutely beautiful and with a great sense of style.
:alien: Sci-Fi needs reality TV as much as it needs a Hammer! :mad:
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
I can't answer for most women, but I think she's absolutely beautiful and with a great sense of style.

I agree. Nicole has a certain style and grace about her and has always conducted herself with manners and graciousness under fire that only an elite group of actress can attest too.
Cheers, :hello:
missferal

- Be nice to people on your way up
because you might meet 'em
on your way down -

Official International Kevin Sorbo Fan Club
http://www.ozfans.com

She's pretty but she's not the most beautiful actress out there by a long shot. As far as the Oscar goes I think she deserved it.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick

Ah yes, we had quite a debate on this subject last year. It's rather redundant for me to say I disagree with you again, but I'm saying it anyway. She's not the greatest looking actress, and she looks better at different times. IMO, she's looked her best in Moulin Rouge, followed by Eyes Wide Shut.
Life sucks. Unless bad things happen, you can't be sure you're actually alive.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mary and the Witch's flower badlands 0 205 January 22nd, 2018, 03:30 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Video: Trailer for "Mary and the Witch's Flower" FilmGuy 1 186 December 20th, 2016, 09:54 PM
Last Post: badlands
  James Franco takes lead role in "Rise of the Apes" Michael 0 438 May 21st, 2010, 12:53 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Jemaine Clement negotiating for villain role in "Men in Black 3" Michael 0 435 May 19th, 2010, 11:17 PM
  Nicole Kidman's Son To Star In "Red Dawn" Remake RobRoy 0 1,483 August 13th, 2009, 03:19 PM
Last Post: RobRoy
  evidence that no one role or film can ruin your career... august 2 467 February 4th, 2009, 03:21 PM
  Nicole Kidman Denies Slating Australia Performance RobRoy 0 826 January 13th, 2009, 06:10 PM
  Nicole Kidman is queen of the flops RobRoy 4 984 December 12th, 2008, 03:51 PM
  Nicole Kidman and Hugh Jackman: Australia in Madrid RobRoy 0 833 December 3rd, 2008, 12:24 PM
  race to witch mountain badlands 3 529 November 24th, 2008, 02:07 AM