Jason question
I always wondered why the evil character in Friday the 13th cant be killed. I know Freddie Krueger comes in dreams so he's really untouchable, but isnt Jason flesh and blood? Why couldnt he be killed? Is he magical or mystical? He just keeps coming back.
Nopers.

Here's the story. Jason Voorhess goes to camp. He's a young lad, out on the lake, and because of the negligence of some camp counselors, our boy drowns. Apparently, he was big into hockey. His mother, Mrs. Pamela Voorhees, pretty much cracks over the whole matter. The camp is reopened many years later and
To view, use your mouse to select the text:
Mrs. Voorhees dons the hockey mask and starts to take vengence on the camp counselors for her son's death many years ago.

So Jason is dead, and then reanimated somehow. I forget the exact method of his return from his watery grave, but he certainly isn't considered alive by any stretch. So technically, no, he isn't just flesh and blood, but the living dead ultra-conservative meting out wrath on any teenager who dares to drink, have sex or basically act silly in the woods at night.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Yet another demosntration why these forums rock! Fast and concise and clear! Thanks again RR! I wasnt able to watch the first movie hehehe. Now I know.
Quote:Originally posted by Nimruzir
Yet another demosntration why these forums rock! Fast and concise and clear! Thanks again RR! I wasnt able to watch the first movie hehehe. Now I know.

I figured as much. You should really see it, it's classic for the genre, a real trend-setter.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Regarding the Hockey mask:

Mrs. Voorhees wore a paper bag over her head in the first movie, I think. Jason didn't wear the mask untill the third movie.

I'm pretty sure, anyway, I seen them all yet.

Yeah, Jason is sort of a mystical force more than anything. As RobRoy said, he's the ultimate manifestation of the consequences of having sex, drinking underage, and getting stoned!
Oh, we Catholics have priests for that Smile

Just kidding!
Are you sure Boomer? I don't recall the movie all that well, so I'd have to bust out a copy of it to see. I thought the whole point was the psychological transference element? But I'd take your work for it.

Psycho-whoda-whatda?

What are we talking about here, the hockey mask, or the whole Jason-as-a-consequence thing?
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Psycho-whoda-whatda?

What are we talking about here, the hockey mask, or the whole Jason-as-a-consequence thing?

Sorry. One semester of Abnormal Pysch really sunk into my head . . . probably because I'm so abnormal!

Transference is when feelings or emotions are transferred from a past event to a current one. The manifestation of the transference in this case was the hockey mask. So yeah, that's the question I'm asking.

Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
Transference is when feelings or emotions are transferred from a past event to a current one. The manifestation of the transference in this case was the hockey mask.

Nope, I just looked it up on a fan site, and the first time Jason wears the mask is in the third movie. As I remember, Jason himself goes on a killing spree because:

He's angry that his mother, the only person that ever loved him, has been killed (in the first movie). He is also picking up where his mother left off, trying to get revenge for his own death due to irresposibility on behalf of camp staff when he was there back in the day.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Nope, I just looked it up on a fan site, and the first time Jason wears the mask is in the third movie. As I remember, Jason himself goes on a killing spree because:

Alrighty then. Thanks for the effort Boomer. Much appreciated, as always.

I wonder where I pulled that hockey-mask transference from? The world may never know. :bg:

Quote:Originally posted by RobRoy
I wonder where I pulled that hockey-mask transference from? The world may never know.

I know where he pulled it from,out of his-- Ahem, I mean, yeah, we'll never know. Wink

I think if there's any object he's really attached to now, it's his machete. Then again, it's Friday the 13th. Not exactly known for it's great depth of character, eh?
Jason didn't show up until Part 2. His mother never wore anything over her head in the first flick. When Jason showed up in Part 2 he wore what looked like a cloth sack with the eyes cut out. He got the machete and the mask in Part 3 from some nerdy fat guy. Anyway, Parts 1 and 2 are pretty good. After that it is downhill.

Another thing, I don't think Jason truly died because he saw his mother beheaded on the Part 1 and then seeks his revenge in Part 2.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Jason Momoa to star in "Minecraft" Michael 0 187 May 9th, 2022, 01:42 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Jason Momoa is 'Conan the Barbarian' EDSEL_PK 65 6,431 September 6th, 2011, 06:34 PM
Last Post: august
  Jason Momoa answers fan questions about "Conan the Barbarian" Michael 0 459 July 16th, 2011, 10:54 PM
  Trailer for "Conan the Barbarian" film starring Jason Momoa Michael 1 520 July 16th, 2011, 10:49 PM
  Knowing - A question and MAJOR SPOILERS RobRoy 3 612 June 1st, 2010, 09:40 AM
Last Post: RobRoy
  Dr. No weapon question tancred 4 890 October 21st, 2008, 12:48 PM
Last Post: tancred
  question re: I Am Legend (possible spoilers) dasher 3 631 April 5th, 2008, 08:22 AM
Last Post: dasher
  A question for those who own Polanski's Macbeth abz_ob 0 499 March 3rd, 2007, 09:50 PM
Last Post: abz_ob
  Austin Powers / Dr. Evil question Bailey 1729 3 704 January 23rd, 2006, 04:13 PM
Last Post: Bailey 1729
  Question about <encounters of the third kind> vreeET 2 545 November 25th, 2004, 08:22 AM
Last Post: Stuart