Queen Margrethe of Denmark to write a screenplay
Ack! I had the wrong country in the thread subject. Queen Margrethe is Queen of Denmark, not The Netherlands.

Mea culpa!

Here's a message I received privately regarding this thread (I don't think the sender will mind my posting it).

[indent]Some FYI since I got a Google alert for the thread on this. It is not the Queen of the Netherlands who is doing the Hans Christian Andersen film. It is the Queen of Denmark! HC Anderson is/was Danish. The Netherlands regent is Queen Beatrix (very, very rich on Shell Oil shares). The Danish Queen and royal family is not anywhere near so rich and she has a government grant to make the film with JJFilms/Jacob Joergensen. Hans Christian Andersen is a Danish national treasure and is strongly supported by the Danish Royal Family, within the education system, the government and all sorts of private enterprises.

Did you know that Hans Christian Andersen is more translated into other languages that The Bible? 'Tis true. Queen Margrethe (pronounced Mar-grey-tah) is an artistic type. She paints, does the monograms of the family, has translated Simone de Beauvoir from French to Danish, has illustrated Danish editions of Tolkein, does scenography and costume design for ballets, does embroidery of church decorations and bishop's robes and lots of other stuff.

The Queen's bio on the DRF website (English version):
http://kongehuset.dk/publish.php?dogtag=k_en_fam_oue[/indent]

MYCode Guide

Messages In This Thread
Queen Margrethe of Denmark to write a screenplay - by Michael - September 7th, 2008, 10:17 PM
Queen Margrethe of Denmark to write a screenplay - by Fantasy - September 8th, 2008, 11:29 AM
Queen Margrethe of Denmark to write a screenplay - by Michael - September 8th, 2008, 02:20 PM
Queen Margrethe of Denmark to write a screenplay - by Michael - September 10th, 2008, 03:23 PM

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The Queen solves mysteries like Sherlock Holmes badlands 1 325 December 29th, 2021, 04:01 PM
Last Post: Michael
  TimesOnline talks with Dave Eggars about his "Wild Things" screenplay Michael 0 419 October 17th, 2009, 10:52 PM
  Saving Private Ryan writer to write Warcraft badlands 1 438 October 15th, 2009, 08:33 PM
  Bogart's "The African Queen" and Flynn's "Santa Fe Trail" Boomstick 9 1,303 April 9th, 2009, 10:55 AM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Nicole Kidman is queen of the flops RobRoy 4 1,111 December 12th, 2008, 03:51 PM
Last Post: RobRoy