Another book read and reviewed
I just reviewed: SPEAK DAGGERS TO HER by Rosemary Edghill

This copy is "To Andre Norton", so inscribed, and possibly presented to her. (There is no dedication in the book.)

This is a mystery that takes place in 1994 in New York City with overtones of the occult goings on in The Village.
Irene
This is one of her Bast mysteries.  I read it several years ago, & recall enjoying it, but didn't read any more of them.  Iirc, there were 3 altogether, which were later published in a tradepaper omnibus edition.
I owned the first two books, both inscribed to Andre (Norton), I own the trade-paper omnibus edition.
However, I just ordered the third book in a hardcover, and plan to move the omnibus to the donate pile.

Reading Book two right now.
Irene
I'm very glad you're enjoying them.

Jerrie
So far I've enjoyed all that I've been reading. Nothing has been moved to the "I won't read this again" pile.

But I am reading for pleasure.
Irene
If you are a fan of Andre Norton, Mercedes Lackey, Marion Zimmer Bradly or any other of Andre's co-authors then you really need to check out the following book.

"Wolfbreed" by S. Andrew Swann (2009)

I've had this book in my TBR pile for over 6 years. I kept putting it at the bottom because of the plot. I mostly read "space sagas" and the occasional lite fantasy like most of Norton's work. (along with the works of her co-authors) Now like I said "Wolfbreed" has been sitting in TBR pile just because it was a Swaan story. Over the past 10 years or so I have grown to really like the work of S. Andrew Swann and have read 23 of his works.

Every time I would look at it I would tell myself that there is no way I'm going to like a Warewolf romance especially one set in the time and world of the Crusades and the Knights Templar. This is not Swann's usual forte so I let it sit.

Well ~ I was soooo wrong. THIS IS THE ABSOLUTE BEST STORY I HAVE READ IN THE PAST 20 YEARS.
I'm serious - If you are looking for a book that you will not want to put down once your 15 to 20 pages in, then you must check this out.

Although I do highly recommend Swann's work I will say that if you read fantasy you might not like his work because that's not what he does, but you are going to love this story, and Swann needs to do more of this.

Please, please, search this book out and read it. If you know of any other story this good let me know. I'm always looking for something good to read.
"Not everything that can be counted counts and not everything that counts can be counted"
Andre Norton's website - Andre-Norton-Books.com
I've been reading, and reviewing my current reads.

Feel free to join the "virtual convention"
https://forums.sf-fandom.com/thread-35555.html
Irene

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Baen Book reminder Irene 4 314 May 24th, 2021, 09:31 PM
Last Post: Michael
  Virtual Convention: Rockin' Re-Read Irene 1 413 March 20th, 2020, 08:27 PM
Last Post: Jerrie
  _Zero Stone_ e-book on sale! Jerrie 0 303 March 8th, 2019, 10:48 AM
  Andre Norton e-book deal! Jerrie 3 589 November 2nd, 2018, 02:16 PM
  Andre Norton re-read on tor.com Jerrie 6 649 February 27th, 2017, 12:27 AM
Last Post: rkomar
  The history of book blocks Irene 3 597 September 6th, 2016, 11:21 PM
Last Post: Irene
  Books, Books everywhere and not a thing to read Irene 18 1,092 July 19th, 2016, 11:19 AM
  A fourth "Sword" book. Lots-A-Watts 14 879 January 16th, 2016, 03:18 PM
Last Post: Lots-A-Watts
  Book editions question Taliesin 6 628 November 30th, 2015, 09:13 AM
  Looking for andre's words in a book Lots-A-Watts 8 564 April 17th, 2015, 04:07 AM
Last Post: rkomar