J.K. Rowling Finishes Her First Post-"Harry Potter" Book
J.K. Rowling has completed her first post-Harry Potter book, a collection of wizarding fairytales titled "The Tales of Beedle the Bard."

Rowling said November 1 that only seven copies of the book are being printed. One will be auctioned next month to raise money for a children's charity, while the others have been given away as gifts. The collection of five stories has been handwritten and illustrated by Rowling.

"The Tales of Beedle the Bard" is mentioned in the final Potter book, "Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows," as a gift left by headmaster Albus Dumbledore to Harry's friend Hermione, and provides clues that help destroy evil Lord Voldemort.

"'The Tales of Beedle the Bard' is really a distillation of the themes found in the Harry Potter books, and writing it has been the most wonderful way to say goodbye to a world I have loved and lived in for 17 years," Rowling said.

Read the rest here.

I'm not certain if this puts paid to the concept that Rowling is just after the money or not. Certainly, putting only 7 copies out for "charity" and "gifts" suggests otherwise, but I'd be lying if I said I didn't think the book would eventually find its way to mass release.
All your base are belong to us.

It could be that the purpose of my life is only to serve as a warning to others.
Personally, I'd love to read some of the Tales of Beedle the Bard. I have FBAWTFT and that one about Quidditch. (Can't remember its name. I like the other one better.)
QUIDDITCH THROUGH THE AGES

I believe.
Irene
Does anyone think that after a year, or so, we will all be able to own paper copies of TALES OF BEEDLE THE BARD ?
Irene
For anyone who's interested there's a Beedle the Bard competition. I'm not much good with the shorter stories, but I might throw my hat in the ring.
Houston . . . we have a problem.

MYCode Guide

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Actor Leslie Phillips, voice of Harry Potter Sorting Hat, dies aged 98 Michael 1 66 November 10th, 2022, 05:18 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Harry Potter vs Encanto badlands 3 384 March 2nd, 2022, 01:06 AM
Last Post: Michael
  Harry Potter exhibit badlands 0 279 February 20th, 2022, 09:43 PM
Last Post: badlands
  Slavery in Harry Potter badlands 1 359 February 7th, 2022, 09:33 PM
  Is Harry Potter really Moaning Myrtle? badlands 3 365 February 6th, 2022, 04:12 AM
  Harry Potter game badlands 2 1,036 March 14th, 2021, 11:18 PM
Last Post: Boomstick
  Harry Potter bar badlands 3 683 February 5th, 2021, 03:59 PM
  HBO Harry Potter reboot badlands 1 547 January 31st, 2021, 12:24 PM
  Fans are upset at Rowling badlands 1 616 August 3rd, 2020, 05:28 PM
  Going to Universal: See Post under Conventions Irene 0 428 May 19th, 2019, 12:39 PM
Last Post: Irene