Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
Jurassic Park 4 - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction and Fantasy Entertainment (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Movies (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: Jurassic Park 4 (/thread-32526.html)

Jurassic Park 4 - badlands - September 12th, 2013

Jurassic Park 4 - Nightspore - September 12th, 2013

I don't know why the third film gets so much flak, I quite enjoyed it.

New Jurassic Park film gets name and 2015 release date. Universal Pictures have announced the next Jurassic Park film will be called Jurassic World.

The studio also added the series' fourth instalment is set for a 12 June 2015 release, nearly a year later than previously stated.

Colin Trevorrow will direct the film, with Steven Spielberg being the producer.

"The director was careful not to reveal too much about the film but he did hint that it could feature a dinosaur that hasn't been seen in the series before." op cit

BBC Newsbeat

Jurassic Park 4 - FilmGuy - September 12th, 2013

Jurassic Park 4 - Nightspore - September 12th, 2013

Jurassic Park 4 - august - September 12th, 2013

Yep, I didn't mind the movie at all - it was an adequate sfx dino film. I thought that fit perfectly with the character of the parents - well-meaning but clueless.

Jurassic Park 4 - Michael - September 13th, 2013

In that case I suppose it's just me, but even if I were searching for my entire family on an island like that, the last thing I would do would be to use a bullhorn to let the predators know I was there.

Not sure how I would hide my body odor; but then, I probably would have opted to use a helicopter rather than an airplane.

Jurassic Park 4 - august - September 14th, 2013

Ah, but you've probably seen more dinosaur and sci-fi movies than her character, so you know what to do and not do. Smile

Jurassic Park 4 - Michael - September 15th, 2013

august Wrote:Ah, but you've probably seen more dinosaur and sci-fi movies than her character, so you know what to do and not do. Smile

Hah! If I am the best our society has to offer in terms of "lay experts" in how to deal with dinosaurs, we're all doomed! Smile

I just don't like it when movies make people act stupid without showing the audience that they have a reason to do so. I mean, in the heat of battle people might lose it. In the aftermath of extended stress, people might lose it. But how do you plan a trip to an island full of dinosaurs, making sure you bring along a bullhorn?

Jurassic Park 4 - Nightspore - September 15th, 2013

Michael Wrote:But how do you plan a trip to an island full of dinosaurs, making sure you bring along a bullhorn?

Maybe she thought the dinosaurs were all herbivores? :bg:

Jurassic Park 4 - Michael - September 16th, 2013

I guess part of the problem (at least in how the movie disappointed me) is that "Jurassic Park 3" is not actually based on a book. It's just a film sequel and Steven Spielberg did not play a direct role in its production. Online ratings don't reflect well on the movie at all.

Jurassic Park 4 - Nightspore - September 17th, 2013

Yeah, some franchises are just flogging a dead velociraptor ...

Jurassic Park 4 - badlands - January 28th, 2015

I heard Chris Pratt will star in it.

Jurassic Park 4 - Boomstick - January 29th, 2015

Yep, he's featured in the trailer. Unfortunately that trailer didn't do too much for me. I was pretty hyped up when they finally got the movie into production, but the trailer kind of killed it for me.

Jurassic Park 4 - Michael - February 10th, 2015

I'm starting to think that Jurassic Park may have outlived its relevance to audiences, but I'll try to keep an open mind.