Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy (/thread-25026.html)

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Michael - September 9th, 2008

I am so fed up with the Democrats and Republicans. They are all old-school politicians who play political games and favoritism. None of them stand for change. The just want to control the country and "create a legacy".

Well, it's time to elect someone who really cares about this country. And since no one else is standing up for the job, I guess it falls to me to restore honesty, integrity, and passion to the White House.

I want to thank all the people who have so far expressed their support for me.

It's starting cause quite a stir in the news media. You can see how well my campaign is doing in this news report:

News3Online story about Michael Martinez for President

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Fantasy - September 9th, 2008

That's nice. The graphic on the bus didn't work so well, but all the others were spot on.

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Michael - September 9th, 2008

I'll have the team get right on it! LOL!

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - EDSEL_PK - September 10th, 2008

In 2012, it'll be me. After the Doomsday Comet hits the Earth, I'll arise from the ashes and forge a new society.

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Fantasy - September 11th, 2008

EDSEL_PK Wrote:In 2012, it'll be me. After the Doomsday Comet hits the Earth, I'll arise from the ashes and forge a new society.

Will you rename yourself Phoenix. Or just chuck it all and call yourself Cliche? :laugh:

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Michael - September 11th, 2008

I think the Hadron Collider will destroy the Earth at midnight on December 31, 2012. That is why the Mayan calendar doesn't go beyond that date.

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - EDSEL_PK - September 11th, 2008

Fantasy Wrote:Will you rename yourself Phoenix. Or just chuck it all and call yourself Cliche? :laugh:

Laugh if you will. I've already got the leather bunless chaps picked out. I've just gotta get a hopped-up black muscle car and some more weapons. The Aussie accent's no prob.

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Fantasy - September 12th, 2008

EDSEL_PK Wrote:I've just gotta get a hopped-up black muscle car and some more weapons. The Aussie accent's no prob.

I think I can help you out. I know a guy who used to drive. :leech:

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - dasher - September 13th, 2008

Yikes...so many good thoughts in this thread!

Michael, you did have me going there for a minute...but it would be great for a non politician to get the job of chief executive. I've been saying for years that the Dem/Rep is nothing more than a two man con, and it's too bad that the one man who got as close as anyone to being a viable candidate was a bit,er...eccentric. I always vote third party or libertarian, because I'm an optimist. :poke:

I read a really great book on 2012...one from a scientific viewpoint, with nothing to sell except his book. There are some very interesting points, although I'm not going survivalist mode quite yet! :warrior: Is the Hadron collider the one that CERN has just started up?

and, oh yes...Michael for president! :cheergirl:

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Michael - September 13th, 2008

That would be the same one.

Maybe I'll toss my hat in the ring for real in 2012....Smile

Michael Martinez for U.S. President 2008 - Confirming my candidacy - Fantasy - September 15th, 2008

Michael Wrote:That would be the same one.

Maybe I'll toss my hat in the ring for real in 2012....Smile

You might as well. I don't think you can make any money, but you get free travel and catering!