Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
sweaty male armpits - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: General Discussions (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-7.html)
+--- Forum: General Discussions (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-28.html)
+--- Thread: sweaty male armpits (/thread-23463.html)

Pages: 1 2

sweaty male armpits - Coconut Ent - September 30th, 2007

http://www.abc.net.au/science/news/stories/s888984.htm

Quote:What women need: sweaty male armpits

Being exposed to the smell of a sweaty male armpit can make a woman feel calmer, according to a new study by a U.S. research team.

Huh???

sweaty male armpits - missferal - September 30th, 2007

Calmer? :confused: I dont think so! It might set some hearts fluttering but calm? Some one read their test results wrong I'm thinking.

sweaty male armpits - Coconut Ent - September 30th, 2007

:: Exposes armpits for women to adore ::

sweaty male armpits - Delta07 - October 1st, 2007

This is kinda im

sweaty male armpits - Yalmuk - October 2nd, 2007

I shave my armpits. If someone wanted to know.

sweaty male armpits - moif - October 2nd, 2007

It makes sense. Men secrete pheremones just like women do and I doubt if most people are even aware of when they are 'under the influence'.

sweaty male armpits - Coconut Ent - October 2nd, 2007

Do men respond the same way to women's armpits?

With the modern trend of men using deodorants, it's no wonder so many women are cranky...

sweaty male armpits - moif - October 3rd, 2007

Men certainly respond to female pheromones. I'm not certain just how those are 'deployed', or what direct effect they have except that they often form the initial basis for personal attraction. Thus, if you meet a women you really like, then as often as not, this is because she likes you and her body has pumped out the pheromones to attract you. Its all subconscious I believe which is why so many people don't really believe it.
Its fairly well documented in animals and insects. In social insects, the queens control the drones by means of pheromones, so they can be pretty potent.

sweaty male armpits - Boomstick - October 3rd, 2007

moif Wrote:Thus, if you meet a women you really like, then as often as not, this is because she likes you and her body has pumped out the pheromones to attract you.

Really? Because I've been attracted to several woman who can't stand me! :laugh:

sweaty male armpits - Coconut Ent - October 3rd, 2007

You're too squeaky clean, Boomstick. Skip a bath or two for more luck! Wink

sweaty male armpits - RobRoy - October 7th, 2007

Boomstick Wrote:Really? Because I've been attracted to several woman who can't stand me! :laugh:

Several? Shouldn't that read "all"? Tongue

Just kidding.

For the record, I've known one or two women who responded to their own armpits. Not the smelling, mind you, just the sensation. Not certain why, but if it ain't broke . . . Blush

sweaty male armpits - moif - October 19th, 2007

Boomstick.

No doubt they fancied you but just didn't realise it....

sweaty male armpits - Marie - October 23rd, 2007

Hmmm..I have to confess..
..some men really make me feel safe..and calm ..
..and very happy and pleased....indeed.. :love:
..But I would never come up with the guess...
..it is the sweaty male armpits that influense me in this way.. :ohno:
I thought..it was completly...hmmm.. different....qualities..
...like for example...
...hmmm...
..a wonderful personality..

sweaty male armpits - Mike of Quantum Muse - October 23rd, 2007

I saw a show a while back where they had somebody smell a series of t-shirts that women had slept in for two nights, and to rank them in order of how pleasing they smelled.

Apparently, we all have certain genetic markers for antibodies, and we find the smell of those who have different antibodies more attractive. This serves the evolutionary purpose of discouraging inbreeding, since you likely share the same antibodies as those closely related to you, and giving the offspring access to more antibodies and defense against more diseases.

It also helps explain how you can be "right" for somebody intellectually and on paper, but you really get turned on more by someone who may seem less like a perfect match. I worked with a female partner on the ambulance for a few years who was just my type: little, blonde, smart, cynically funny and gorgeous, but while we got on very well, and were friends even outside of work, I felt no real sexual attraction to her. I have felt more sexual attraction to women who I know, intellectually, are less attractive, but somehow they just hit the right buttons.

By the same token, after eleven years of marriage and a child, I can't walk past my wife without wanting to rip her clothes off.

Can't fight chemistry.

sweaty male armpits - moif - October 23rd, 2007

Hi Marie :hello: :lips:

sweaty male armpits - Lorne - October 23rd, 2007

I kind of get this.

Not in a sexual way though.

When I was a kid, my dad did a manual job and he would come home from work smelling of sweat.

This was a very comforting smell, as my dad was and is the strength in our family.

Even now we all run to him (and my mum) when the poop hits the fan.

As for my husband, I totally get what Mike was saying.

My husband has this gorgeous smell about him when he needs a bath.

It is just what our brains are connecting to I suppose.

With love.
Lorne.

sweaty male armpits - moif - October 24th, 2007

I shall refrain from bathing more often!

sweaty male armpits - Coconut Ent - August 19th, 2010

bump for humor!

sweaty male armpits - inked - August 20th, 2010

This is old hat, stuff. Napolean wrote to his wife: "Be home in 2 weeks. Don't bathe."

Geeze, just because they claim it's science ............................:love:

sweaty male armpits - GamgeeFest - August 21st, 2010

Lorne Wrote:I kind of get this.

Not in a sexual way though.

When I was a kid, my dad did a manual job and he would come home from work smelling of sweat.

This was a very comforting smell, as my dad was and is the strength in our family.

Even now we all run to him (and my mum) when the poop hits the fan.

<snip>

With love.
Lorne.

That makes sense. My dad would come home smelling like sweat all the time too. His scent has always been a source of comfort, not so much because of how he smelled but because he was my dad.

I dated this guy once who I clicked with in every way... but I couldn't stand the way he smelled, especially when he was sweaty. So, you can guess what happened there. (That, and other more important reasons.)

Sweaty or not, armpits should be shaved. *nods*