Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
Lightsaber colors? - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction and Fantasy Franchises (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Star Wars (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Lightsaber colors? (/thread-2039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lightsaber colors? - Knight of Darkness - June 8th, 2005

• The Sith only use red crystals in their lightsabers.
  • The Jedi only use Blue, Green, and Purple.
  • Dark Jedi use all colored lightsabers
  • The Sultrans (peaceful force users not affliated with the Jedi or Sith etc.) use white blades.
The color of the lightsaber does not mean any rank; the padawan chooses the color of his crystal to his lightsaber when he constructs it.

Luke's Jedi order could use any color lightsaber they wished.

Originally, the only colors were blue and red. In Return of the Jedi, the blue was impossible to do with the desert backround, so they chose green. Samuel L. Jackson wanted his to be purple so that it would be unique in combat.

Lightsaber colors? - yoda_rox - June 8th, 2005

wasnt there a orange lightsaber before?

Lightsaber colors? - Darth Penguin - June 8th, 2005

Traditionally, the green sabers are reserved for those more adept in the Force than in the ways of combat, and the blue ones for those who favor combat over the force. (Speaking in the KOTOR / RPG terms, Consulars and Guardians). This rule is held fairly true throughout all of the movies...

The Sith use synthetic red crystals. They can't get access to the planets that the Adegan crystals grow on because they Jedi guard them closely, so they make them synthetically, and they always turn out red. (As luck would have it, even before that, in Darth Bane's meditations, he decided that all Sith lightsabers should be red anyway...so they lucked out there.)

Purple doesn't really count. S. Jackson wanted a purple one so people would watch him more.

Lightsaber colors? - mybookiethewookie - June 8th, 2005

The Jedi in the post-movie books have all manner of color of lightsabers because when the books were written, no connection was made between lightsaber color and it would be difficult to change it now. But in the prequils, Lucas claerly shows that all Sith weapons are red. Also, during the Clone wars, Lightsabers are mass-produced rather than hand constructed as a learning excercise. This is due to the high wear and tear that lightsabers go through in war, as well as the need to constantly replace lost/damaged sabers. Since we do not really see many sabers until the first fight of the Clone Wars, its hard to say if more Jedi might have had more colors of blades. Windu apparantly never loses his saber during the war, so he always has his hand-crafted purple saber. Kenobi and Anakin both lose sabers, so they most likely had some form of mass produced lightsaber later in the war.

Interstly, Tyranus was a Jedi, yet he has a red Sith saber, but Vader still uses his blue saber as a Sith, so apparantly the Sith build/recieve the red saber at some point in their training. Tyranus trained with Sidous prior to AOTC, so we can assume he will train Vader and Vader, of course, gets his red lightsaber.

According to the novel (I think it was originally part of the movie, but cut later) Luke gets his green saber by building it at Obi-wan's hut on tatooine.

Lightsaber colors? - Coconut ice cream - June 8th, 2005

I dont believe I noticed where it said lightsabres where mass produced perhaps someone could enlighten me?

Also doesnt Jade Skywalker use a purple lightsabre?

Lightsaber colors? - LionHeart10176 - June 8th, 2005

Yes, Luke's Wife Mara Jade Skywalker was first a sith, note the emperors shadow, her last order was to "Kill Skywalker" she did of course but not the Luke that we know and love. the luke she killed was a clone named Luuke. he was cloned by a sith whos name i do not know. but as Mara went through her like the order of her saber colors are red, blue, then purple when she was a master trained by Luke. also i have noted that Anakin Solo also has a Purple Saber. Cool

Lightsaber colors? - sith lord - June 9th, 2005

LionHeart10176 Wrote:Yes, Luke's Wife Mara Jade Skywalker was first a sith, note the emperors shadow, her last order was to "Kill Skywalker" she did of course but not the Luke that we know and love. the luke she killed was a clone named Luuke. he was cloned by a sith whos name i do not know. but as Mara went through her like the order of her saber colors are red, blue, then purple when she was a master trained by Luke. also i have noted that Anakin Solo also has a Purple Saber. Cool
was mara a sith? i think she was a dark jedi.

Lightsaber colors? - Darth Penguin - June 9th, 2005

She wasn't really a Sith or a Dark Jedi, though she was a force user. She was more of an adept.

' Wrote:I don't believe I noticed where it said lightsabers were mass produced.

They aren't. They are manufactured by the Jedi themselves to their own preferences.

Lightsaber colors? - mybookiethewookie - June 9th, 2005

The Clone Wars books make mention of lightsabers being mass produced during the war. Also, obviously the taing sabers used by younglings and others would have been produced at the temple, not built by individual Jedi. Also, in AOTC, we saw Jedi with extra sabers, they surely didn't build them when they got there and noticed Obi wan's and Anakin's were gone.

The term "Dark Jedi" springs, I believe, from the young jedi knight series. Dark Jedi are not Sith Lords, they are more closly akin to characters like Asajj Ventress, who I believe are also called Dark Jedi. Mara Jade was never called a "Dark Jedi", but she appears before the term exists.

Lightsaber colors? - arm - June 9th, 2005

:finger: Sith uses red lightsaber because they think that red lightsaber means about revenge to the jedi but in the living force- a jedi use blue , green , purple(in the movie I think that only Mace Windu used it), yellow and orange because there means they on a good side!

Lightsaber colors? - LionHeart10176 - June 9th, 2005

sith lord Wrote:was mara a sith? i think she was a dark jedi.
Im sorry yes she was a dark Jedi

Lightsaber colors? - LionHeart10176 - June 9th, 2005

[QUOTE=Knight of Darkness]
  • The Sith only use red crystals in their lightsabers.
  • The Jedi only use Blue, Green, and Purple.

I disagree with this, there are a few Jedi that use Red lightsabers, one of them is on the council his name is Even Peill.

Lightsaber colors? - arm - June 11th, 2005

Thank You for your information I don`t know it , LionHeart10176

Lightsaber colors? - Darth Penguin - June 16th, 2005

Quote:Interstly, Tyranus was a Jedi, yet he has a red Sith saber, but Vader still uses his blue saber as a Sith, so apparantly the Sith build/recieve the red saber at some point in their training. Tyranus trained with Sidous prior to AOTC, so we can assume he will train Vader and Vader, of course, gets his red lightsaber.

There are no actual restrictions on colors...what I said is just a tradition. Any Jedi can have any color lightsaber they want. There are more than a few Jedi who have red lightsabers. Master Peill was one of them...Adi Gallia either has a red one in ROTS or before (her first one was destroyed. I don't remember if it was red, or her second one was red).

The main reason for Bane's 'all Sith should have red lightsabers' is mostly a thing to discourage individuality among the Sith. The anarchic nature of the Dark Side is the reason for this. On some level, they see each other as equal when they're all equipped the same way.

Lightsaber colors? - arm - June 17th, 2005

Did Count Dooku use purple lightsaber when he was a jedi?I arked this question because I saw him used it in the poster.

Lightsaber colors? - mybookiethewookie - June 17th, 2005

In the movies, we never see anything but red for Dooku. None of the EU books I have read mention his Jedi saber. Dooku's Sith saber is specially designed for teh classical fencing style he is unequaled in.

Lightsaber colors? - Leizu - June 19th, 2005

First of all red lightsabers don't do what they did to Ben Kenobi (Obi-Wan Kenobi). It's that Ben used the Force Submission (The thing were he puts the lightsaber in front of his face).I don't know why hey does that but if you know tell me.

Lightsaber colors? - Soldier_of_Gondor - June 22nd, 2005

It was always my idea that the light sabers were somehow connected to the force. So depending on where you pull the force from (good/ evil) determines your color. Also notice that both anakin and obi-won hda blue lightsabers when they were apprentices and when obi-won was a master he had green, like qui-gon did. Why Yoda has a green I don't know, but maybe he got to pick. Also, Winndu has a purple, probably cause he is really high up.

Lightsaber colors? - raydan - June 29th, 2005

I know the colors have meaning but i cant find documentation on what each one means and how a Jedi chooses. Does anyone have any reference to this?

Thanx.

Lightsaber colors? - Han Solo - June 30th, 2005

Merged thread.

Guys and gals. Lightsabers is probably the most talked about topic on the forums. Please try to search before starting a thread on sabers.