Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
Lightsaber colors? - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction and Fantasy Franchises (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-5.html)
+--- Forum: Star Wars (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-21.html)
+--- Thread: Lightsaber colors? (/thread-2039.html)

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Lightsaber colors? - Magda - August 21st, 2003

This is the problem that really interests but also annoys me. :confused:
Especially when in one book (I think it was Balance point ) it was said that Leia had red saber. :confused: That was strange for me. Have anyone read this book (or anothers) and can tell me if it's truth? (I mean if it's not just a mistake in book) I've read some other books and it was said that Leia had a light saber but in none of them it's colour was described.

I also thought why there are no other colors. Does for example the blue saber of one Jedi has different colur than others Jedi's?

If the colour depends on crystals is it possible to predict during construction what colour the saber will have?
:confused:

Lightsaber colors? - Lann Starr - March 3rd, 2004

I know from the game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic that

Blue= Guardian
Green= Councillor
Yellow= Senator of Jedi

Lightsaber colors? - LionHeart10176 - March 25th, 2004

Ok heres what I know about this topic it comes from my nieghbor so:

Green LS: Strong in the way of the force

Blue LS: Strong in the way of Def.

Purple LS: Perfect Balance between Blue and Green

Red LS: Strong in way of off.

Yellow & Orange LS: I really have no clue these appeared in Starwars: Jedi Outcast II (for Gamecube & Xbox) ???

white with purple Stripes LS: this ONLY appears in the Starwars Books

White LS: ???

I am Always going through the net to find Yellow, Orange,White /w Purp stripes and White as soon as I find them I will be back... Also there are possibly more Lightsaber Colors so its a mystery

Quote:Originally posted by Lann Starr
I know from the game Star Wars Knights of the Old Republic that

Blue= Guardian
Green= Councillor
Yellow= Senator of Jedi

Hey that might explain Mon mothmas lightsabre in Starwars Jedi outcast cause she has purple or was it yellow?

Lightsaber colors? - BlueDelvia - March 25th, 2004

Quote:Originally posted by LionHeart10176
Hey that might explain Mon mothmas lightsabre in Starwars Jedi outcast cause she has purple or was it yellow?

Mon Mothma the rebel leader had a light saber? Wasn't she a bit too old to start Jedi training even in the Expanded universe?

Here's a great lightsaber website....

Luukesaber

Not much that I could find on the colors of the saber, but they had pics of each saber that known Jedi and Sith have used.

They also had an example of the weapon that predated the lightsaber...

PROTOSABERS was used by ancient Jedi & Sith.
[Image: Proto1SM.jpg]

[QUOTE]Originally posted by BlueDelvia
[B]Mon Mothma the rebel leader had a light saber? Wasn't she a bit too old to start Jedi training even in the Expanded universe?

Well if you think thats wierd, in multiplayer the Stormtrooper has a yellow lightsabre! it could be that they just give a random lightsabre and color to N/A Chracters that would normally not have one umm uh oh ya a computer Lando Clarissian has a Purple one. The N/A chracters can use the force too. Your not limited to what side of the force you want nor Saber color.

Lightsaber colors? - Unregistered - April 11th, 2004

hi.. i am not 100% sure of a couple but i am pretty sure from talking to people and watching movies and playing the games..

orange = someone being trained in a acedmy of some sort (i am unsure of this one)

blue = a padawan (sp?), a jedi being trained or still in training.

green = a trainer or a master, someone who is no longer being trained.

purple = council leader of jedi.

orange = someone being trained in a acedmy of some sort (i am unsure of this one)

yellow = simular to a blue lightsabre of a dark force user, a dark jedi padawan still in training or studying, or possibly just not a sith. (also unsure)

red = master (possibly trainer but i have yet to see an example of this) of the dark side of the force, a sith jedi.

hope this helps.

Lightsaber colors? - Unregistered - April 11th, 2004

oops put orange twice... just ignore the second one.

Lightsaber colors? - LionHeart10176 - April 15th, 2004

okay that matches most of the jedi but two, that would mean obi-wan was still in training in episode IV a new hope and Luke wasn't a master until he confronted his father theres evidence of this

Luke:"so i really am a jedi"
Yoda:"(cough's) No!
Luke:"what"
Yoda"Vadar you must confront Vadar"
Yoda"Then and only then a jedi you will be"

Jabba's Hideout:

R2's message
Luke:"Greetings exalted one,I am Luke Skywalker Jedi KNIGHT and friend of captain solo

By the way I've heard from a few people that there will be more starwars episodes like VII VIII IX. I think they would be based on Kyle Katarn and Desaan taking over the Valley of the jedi(what is the the valley anyway)?

Lightsaber colors? - LionHeart10176 - April 15th, 2004

I GOT IT

anyone that takes science pre-Ap (yes im in junior high)knows light comes from three basic clours Red Blue and Green. mixxing these colors makes orange purple yellow etc. and colors are made by the energy of the light beam. I wonder if this has anything to do with the Energy/power of the Lightsabre and all of the colors I know of a lightsaber is Yellow,Red,Blue,Green,Purple,orange,white these are all in the field of light. draw your own conclusions...

Lightsaber colors? - Han Solo - April 15th, 2004

Quote:Originally posted by LionHeart10176
By the way I've heard from a few people that there will be more starwars episodes like VII VIII IX. I think they would be based on Kyle Katarn and Desaan taking over the Valley of the jedi(what is the the valley anyway)?

Lucas has clearly stated in the past that he's done after Episode III because he would be an old man by the time he finished a third trilogy.

Lightsaber colors? - BlueDelvia - April 15th, 2004

In Clone Wars... they showed the Temple from which the Jedi took the crystals to make their light sabers... and aparently they also used the force to create their blades.

Lightsaber colors? - The Knight of Avalon - April 18th, 2004

There are also Yellow, Orange, and technicall speaking Anakin DID use a red lightsaber.

Lightsaber colors? - Thofed - April 24th, 2004

If youve gotten far enough in Star wars Knights of the old republic you know more

GREEN- is called council-defines a jedi as wise and very intelligent.
Blue-Guardian or defender-great with the lighsaber
Yellow-Sentinel-Force user with good reflexes

Thats what it said on the game i was a sentinel but this is probably not all true.

Lightsaber colors? - Fubar - February 19th, 2005

This is from http://jediarchives.bejedi.com/index.php?c=lightsaber . This information also appears in an issue of Star Wars Insider, so it is as close to cannon as it gets until they publish this info in the new Star Wars guide to weapons.

The lightsaber has always been, and will always be the traditional weapon of both Jedi Knights and Sith followers.
The handle is about 30cm long and has a series of knobs and buttons on it. When the saber is activated, the energy from within is released and forms a craclink blade of pure energy. It has a white core and a coloured edge, depending on the crystals that are used to create the blade.
A lightsaber can cut through virtually everything, except another lightsaber.
Each Jedi learner has to build his or her own lightsaber at some stage in the training. Thus is every lightsaber different and bares a resemblance of the builder's character within.
One of the tests in becoming a Jedi and building a weapon of their own, is the search for the crystals that make the blade unique. When the Jedi has found the right crystal, it must be polished, every facet must be perfect. This is demands the most deep concentration of the student. In the old times Adegan crystals were considered the best for use in a lighsaber.
But, as Jedi students search out a crystal for their saber, a Sith Knight does not. The Sith are known to create the crystal themselves in blazing furnace. They shape the stone with their mind and focus all their hatred for the Jedi in the crystal.

Padawans in the Clan stage train with a specially constructed training lightsaber against a training remote.
[Image: trainingsaber2.jpg]

This is how a lightsaber works:
The power travels from the power cells, through a positively charged energe lens at the center of the handle. That beam arcs back to a negatively charged high energy flux aperture. And a superconductor transfers the power back from the flux aperture to the power cell, this way the saber only uses power when its blade cuts through something. Only then it radiates heat too.
The power cells from a lightsaber can last up to 1.000 years

Inside the handle, the power goes from the power cells through an energy gate, into the primary crystal (the biggest). The laserbeam created there is focused in the focusing crystal. Beyond that are the cycling field energizers and the energy modulation circuits, that create the final blade. The end of the handle is a magnetic stabilizing ring.

Some Jedi are known to put more crystals in their sabers. They can alter the distance between two crystals inside and thus change the length of the blade.
In rare cases Jedi make even more radical changes in their design. The Sith Lord Exar Kun was probably the first person to build himself a double bladed lightsaber. Later his example was followed by Darth Maul. In the ranks of the Jedi Order this kind of saber was only built for educational and training purposes.

Sith lightsabers:
Red crystals are actually not that suitable for the use in lightsabers. They are less stable than their blue and green counterparts used by the Jedi. However, red crystals glow in harmonic vibration when energized by the Dark Side of the Force. When energized in this way, the crystals can produce a stronger blade that has the rare potential to "break the blade" of Jedi lightsabers. They overload the energy matrix, immediately burning out the saber of the opponent.
This rarely happens, but is a frightening possibility in combat.

Lightsaber colours:
Jedi are known to use mainly blue, green and purple. There can be variations in the colours.
Sith always use red. As a Dark Jedi isn't necessarily a Sith, they also use the normal lightsaber colours.

Lightsaber colors? - Gwaihir the Windlord - February 19th, 2005

that is an interesting website.

Lightsaber colors? - Gwaihir the Windlord - February 19th, 2005

i remember an interview from Samuel L Jackson stated he picked purple for his lightsaber because it would stand out in combat.

the official star wars databank states "The blade's color depends on the nature of the jewel it springs from" and not much else.

Lightsaber colors? - Runner - March 5th, 2005

The force has to much divercity to be limited to "blue, green, and purple." I think that the whole reason for the different colors of the lightsaber baldes was to show that the lightsaber is unique to that Jedi alone. When a jedi is constructing their first lightsaber they are basically left alone to learn and connect with the light saber itself. finetuning the blade and creating a unique weapon.

In the movies we are told that there can only be two sith around at once because of Mace and Yodas conversation at the burial of Qui-Gon in TPM. It kinda shows that the order of the sith is kinda an elite circle and to show that you are in this little circle with a set path. And as a symbol of only a one way of thinking/acting they restrict themselves to the red light sabers.

I think that Goldmare (from page 2) is right in taking about the Young Jedi Knight Series. When the young jedi are creating their lightsabers, it seems that the color of their lightsabers is unknown before they are actually activated for the first time. (I am now rereading some of these books to see if i can find an actual quote) And the colors that appear are hardly defind by "green, blue, purple, and red." The Young Jedi Knight Series is full of insights on the colors of the lightsabers. Gwaihir the Windlord point that the blade depends on little but the jewel that is used seems to be very valid. And I have a problem with the different colors being symbols of position. Has any one ever heard of a Jedi Knight constructing a new lightsaber as they progress from Jedi Knight to Master?? If you have then i will be very surprised ( and forced to rethink alot of my argument:S ).

Which jedi was it that actually used two different focusing gems in his light saber, creating two different length(and i think colored) blades?

now off the subject a little...umm since when have the Star Wars Video Games been a reliable source on information? I would think that The Games would be the last place that you would want to look for "cannon worthy" information.

Lightsaber colors? - Lanturn - March 27th, 2005

Thofed was right for the most part.
Grenn=Counselor, jedi who trains anthor
Blue= Guardians of the ordor
Yellow= sentinals
Jedi may also use violet or viridian (a silvery green)
Sith stick with the red for their main color, though a duel wielding sith will probably have violet or orange.
Both sides may use silver, though I think its primarly jedi that use it.

Lightsaber colors? - Gwaihir the Windlord - March 28th, 2005

[QUOTE=Runner]

Which jedi was it that actually used two different focusing gems in his light saber, creating two different length(and i think colored) blades?QUOTE]
i do remember reading about a jedi who could control the length of (her, i believe) lightsaber.\ for different combat situations. ill try to find out who.