Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
What's the name of that movie? - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction and Fantasy Entertainment (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: General Movies (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-13.html)
+--- Thread: What's the name of that movie? (/thread-18478.html)

What's the name of that movie? - NextGenFan - November 28th, 2005

I'm trying to figure out the name of a movie that I saw once. I think it was late 70s/early 80s. It's about a team of scientists who build the world's first android. Something happens and the android ends up in a secret desert complex only to find out that one of the scientists on the team was an android himself and that they've been around for thousands of years guiding humanity.
Any ideas?

What's the name of that movie? - VickiSilverwolf - November 29th, 2005

This is the made-for-TV movie The Questor Tapes. It was a proposed series from Gene Roddenberry. It was pretty interesting. Here's some more information:

The Questor Tapes (1974)

What's the name of that movie? - NextGenFan - November 30th, 2005

Thanks for the info. Now all I need to do is find a place that has it on DVD...assuming it ever made it to DVD.
Thanks again!

What's the name of that movie? - RobRoy - November 30th, 2005

I was interested in this, but I've been unable to find anything on it. I don't think it was released to VHS which means it likely won't be released to DVD anytime in the near future.

Apparently, due to heavy censorship and requests for changes on the show, Roddenberry himself pulled the plug.

What's the name of that movie? - mary Pribble - November 30th, 2005

RobRoy Wrote:I was interested in this, but I've been unable to find anything on it. I don't think it was released to VHS which means it likely won't be released to DVD anytime in the near future.

Apparently, due to heavy censorship and requests for changes on the show, Roddenberry himself pulled the plug.

I thought it WAS a series, weren't they cops and the guy that played Rock Hudson's sidekick on "McMillan & Wife== Sgt Enright was the Cyborg. Or am I thinking of a different series??

What's the name of that movie? - RobRoy - November 30th, 2005

mary Pribble Wrote:I thought it WAS a series, weren't they cops and the guy that played Rock Hudson's sidekick on "McMillan & Wife== Sgt Enright was the Cyborg. Or am I thinking of a different series??

No, you're correct. Did I make it sound like it was a movie? It was a series pilot or a full-on series, I'm uncertain which as I never saw the thing. But it did sound interesting. As to specifics, I'd have to go look them up and I'm feeling lazy and overwhelmed all at the same time. Wink

What's the name of that movie? - VickiSilverwolf - December 1st, 2005

mary Pribble Wrote:I thought it WAS a series, weren't they cops and the guy that played Rock Hudson's sidekick on "McMillan & Wife== Sgt Enright was the Cyborg. Or am I thinking of a different series??

There's a little confusion here.

John Schuck, who played Sgt. Enright, was also the star of the series Holmes and Yo-Yo, a comedy about a robot cop. The Questor Tapes was never a series.