Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums
Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - Printable Version

+- Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums (https://forums.sf-fandom.com)
+-- Forum: Science Fiction and Fantasy Studios and Production Companies (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-6.html)
+--- Forum: Renaissance and Ghost House Pictures (https://forums.sf-fandom.com/forum-23.html)
+--- Thread: Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? (/thread-13171.html)

Pages: 1 2

Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - Aleera - July 21st, 2006

Yeah, thanks for precising us this, Ratos, and welcome among us. Hope you'll have a great fun with us...

Personnaly, I don't know what to say about this... I'll try and figure this mystery out :p

Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - ROCxolan - July 21st, 2006

ratos wrote:
> However, I really do not think that these lyrics are from a song of Hayehudim.
> Moreover, I tried hard and I cannot hear the words "end of the world".
> Actually, the words I mention before does not remind me of any song I am
> familiar with; it is sound more like gathering of words together with no
> meaning. That could be a very interesting question to ask Lucy or Sharon.
> Hope I could help.

Thank you, Ratos!  Yes, you did help!  There is another thread where another person from Israel essentially said the same.  The Hayehudim association seems to be due to a misunderstanding on my side.  So, either Lucy sings mostly unintelligibly or she really threw together some gibberish together with a few Hebrew words and phrases she remembered.  There's still LoDuca's statement, however, so this seems to be a dead end which only Lucy can resolve.

Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - xena_n_gab - June 22nd, 2007

in the commentary for the episode seeds of faith, her and ROC also talk about how it was lucy herself who wrote it

RE: Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - JoxerBoi_91 - September 27th, 2021

(It’s Joxer the Mighty, almost late a century…answering you hopefully…)
This is what I found. 
https://youtu.be/wqj7mah-jO8
No translation into English but it’s at least a way to listen to the song.  Wink
I read through a lot of the replies to your question and giggled at how quickly it turned into a debate on if Lucy Lawless wrote the lyrics/melody or if it was taken from something else…. 
I believe your question was if anyone knew of an English translation and where you could download it…don’t see why it got so complicated.— literally lost in translation lol

(September 18th, 2004, 04:26 AM)xenagabby888 Wrote: Smile Hi everyone Just wanted to know if anyone knows the english words for the Xena Burial song? The one( Lucy )Xena sings ? I also wanted to know where I can download it. I love that. ThanksHeart Xenagabby888

RE: Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - august - October 5th, 2021

*shrug* looks like it was pretty much answered above, c. 17 years ago - there is no English translation, and there are lots of Jewish Xena fans, but none have ever provided a translation. I'm reminded of the lyrics to the intro song for the Scott Pilgrim movie, which some fans call "Launchpad McQuack" even though the singer protests that's not its name. 😉 Others call it "We Are Sex Bob-omb" since that's how the drummer introduces it, but she's announcing the band.

The reality is that it was written as an instrumental, but the singer improvised some nonsense words that fit the rhythm. So the "lyrics" are something like:

Let me let me make ya stasis
Mama mama serpentine
I got a breathalyzer
And ya body clean...

I think Lucy's Hebrew may be like that.

Anyway, welcome to sf-fandom, where all joxer boys and girls thrive. 😀

RE: Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - Michael - October 6th, 2021

That show literally took us to every corner of the Old World. Well, almost every corner.

RE: Does anyone know the words to the Xena burial song? - Tabbyhamm1979 - February 13th, 2022

(September 18th, 2004, 04:26 AM)xenagabby888 Wrote: Smile Hi everyone Just wanted to know if anyone knows the english words for the Xena Burial song? The one( Lucy )Xena sings ? I also wanted to know where I can download it. I love that. ThanksHeart Xenagabby888

Below are the lyrics.

Abu eh.. abu eh id ma 
Stria arlia ajam 
Toddo no rabam 
Naim na em na 
Em do... 

Abu eh... abu eh id ma 
Stria arlia ajam 
Toddo no rabam 
Naim na em na 
Travial em donia 
Xena Burial Lyrics
Ravel a da 

Em de et jadde 
Nam nah em... The language was Armenian.. so this is the English translation so I had to look it up in the dictionary to decipher it.. it is father of, father of furrows loving right.. tranquility he is me am he . We does are. Father of "EH"what, father of "EH"what...ID "Ma"mother.. take no rabbi... Tranquility he am me....Travail EM Donia Xena burial lyrics..Em De JADDE Name NAH.