Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: GPA Entertainment Witch World & Beastmaster movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
GPA Entertianment website with artwork for Witch World & Beastmaster movies:

https://www.gpaent.com/current
OMG. Battle Cats? Helmets & armor.

Well. I talked to Charlaine Harris about the changes Hallmark Movies made to her Aurora Teagarden books. She said that she didn't care, as long as she got the checks. (She also had the TV Series True Blood on her Sookie Stackhouse series).

With that cover art (I only saw one image), this won't be the Either the Ranching society of Beastmaster, nor the DartGun & Arrows society of the Witch World.

Thanks for giving me "warning". I'll wait to see the trailer.
(December 13th, 2020, 10:04 AM)Irene Wrote: [ -> ]OMG.   Battle Cats? Helmets & armor.

Well. I talked to Charlaine Harris about the changes Hallmark Movies made to her Aurora Teagarden books. She said that she didn't care, as long as she got the checks.  (She also had the TV Series True Blood on her Sookie Stackhouse series).

With that cover art (I only saw one image), this won't be the Either the Ranching society of Beastmaster, nor the DartGun & Arrows society of the Witch World.

Thanks for giving me "warning".  I'll wait to see the trailer.

Yeah, I noticed the guy who holds the rights to The Beastmaster movies and TV series (Sylvio Tabet) is also connected to this project. It almost looks like the big cat is a cyborg. It harder to tell what’s going on with the Witch World art. Big flashy portals aren’t very Witch World. The Siege Perilous was a very simple dimensional door but Hollywood’s gotta Hollywood...
What if the Witch World poster depicts Simon Tregarth and Jaelithe? Maybe the weapon is supposed to be from Earth?

It seems a tad more hopeful than the Beastmaster artwork.

Even so, I don't expect film adaptations to be completely faithful to books.
I better go back to the site. I only saw one image, and assumed the two "worlds" had been a mash-up into one illustration.

OK - I scrolled down to the Witch World image. It isn't so bad. would work as a WW cover. I just always pictured a stone, perhaps with side standing stones. An image perhaps stolen from the circle at Stonehenge.
Even more exciting about the _Witch World_ poster was where it said the writers were "Gar & Judy Reeves-Stevens."  Shortenings aside, at least they're writers with lots of professional experience, both publishing & tv.

Jerrie
If I'm not mistaken, that movie poster for Witch World has been around for a few years. Seems to me I asked LotsaWatts about it once. Also, Michael wrote about it here: https://www.sf-fandom.com/main/will-a-wi...ly-happen/

Mike
Taliesin,
Thanks.

These things (i.e. movies & other media). Circle around. Sometimes the movie 'option' expires, and someone else picks it up.

It sure looks like the same movie image used in Michael's post.

NOTE TO ALL: Irene's pet peeve: Reminder to have a date at the bottom of your post. That way I can tell if those unmasked people were gathering last year, or 10 years ago.
You don't have to post a date in this forum, as there are dates/times posted at the top left of each post.
(December 13th, 2020, 05:57 PM)Marron4Gateau Wrote: [ -> ]Yeah, I noticed the guy who holds the rights to The Beastmaster movies and TV series is also connected to this project. It almost looks like the big cat is a cyborg. It harder to tell what’s going on with the Witch World art. Big flashy portals aren’t very Witch World. The Siege Perilous was a very simple dimensional door but Hollywood’s gotta Hollywood...

The movie poster for Witch World is not weirder than some of the original paperback art.