Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Surprise!!!!!!!!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello Again

Just got word from Caroline Fike :clap:

If you want an electronic version of "Rusted Armor"

Email me at webmaster@andre-norton-books.com and ask nice. :laugh:

You know how to that - don't you? :question:
I have received a slight complaint about the grammar and punctuation. Especially on the short story ----- Just to set everyone straight, I will not change what Andre wrote. Yes, it is difficult to type it up when it is just wrong, but I do not know if it is by accident or typed that way on purpose so I'm not changing it.

Both the "Rusted Armor" short story and "The Scribbling Women" were hand corrected by Andre so that is how I entered it into the computer. With the "Rusted Armor" novel I only did the formatting since I received it from one of the authors as a word doc, spelling, grammar and punctuation are how it came.

Just so you know - this is not the end I do have more to post. :kiss:
I think it is important to realize that these are unpublished manuscripts, often in an earlier draft form. They would still have gone through editing and correcting by Andre and her editor or whoever was the coauthor (if there was one) before formal commercial publication. I totally agree with Jay that they should be presented as the drafts exist, and we should not be doing editing, even to correct what may appear to be errors (and would have been corrected by her or an editor before publication normally). Many of the manuscripts I have/had contain manuscript corrections in her hand, thus we know that final copies would have been proofread again and polished to the final product (as we are used to reading). It is just nice to read new material.