Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Neil Patrick Harris welcomes Smurfs to Central Park in August 2011
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Coming Soon tells us that August 3, 2011 will be the Smurfiest movie day yet. That's the scheduled release date for "The Smurfs", who will flee their fantasy world and find themselves Enchanted in Central Park (wait, Disney did this already, right?).

Hank Azaria will play the live-action Gargamel. I'm not sure, but I don't think they expect adults to want to see this movie. Nothing intended against Azaria, but he can do really over-the-top (though quite entertaining) sendups. I just don't think this movie is intended to set the Smurf Purists into frantic "Save Our Smurfs" mode.
I saw the preview and I was less than impressed. So far I place it in the Garfield and Alvin and the Chipmunks level.
I'm trying to remember if I have seen the preview. Now you mention it, I think I may have but I'm not sure where.