Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Maggie Gyllenhaal: "I'd like to play Catwoman"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have to mention this because I find it so obscene. MTV caught up with Maggie Gyllenhaal and asked her about being in the next Batman sequel, in spite of the fact that her character is dead. She replies that she'd love to be in it if they could work it out.

Then, here's the good part, they ask her if she'd like to play a villain. Here's what she said: "I guess I would like to play Catwoman, but it seems unlikely at this point, right?"

Ugh. Let me tell you, she would be the Worst. Catwoman. Ever. Everything that Catwoman should be, Maggie Gyllenhaal is not.

The whole write up is here.
Rhona Mitra and Eiza Dushku would make good Catwomen, IMO.
Certainly better than Gyllenhaal, I'd agree.
:lol: Well, thus far, of some 6.7 billion people on the planet, she seems to be the only one who has suggested it, and that was apparently as a joke, off the top of her head when they asked her about being in the next movie. C'mon - what would most women on the planet say if asked who they might play in a Batman movie? "Gee, I think I'd like to play the villainess from issue # 112, whose smuggling operation Batman disrupted by...." :laugh: Not gonna happen.

Just like Trek. Ask any actress to name who they'd want to play on Trek, and 99.99% of them would say Uhura. No one is going to say "Well, I really liked Irina Galiulin, Chekov's old girlfriend in episode # 47..."
august Wrote::lol: Well, thus far, of some 6.7 billion people on the planet, she seems to be the only one who has suggested it, and that was apparently as a joke, off the top of her head when they asked her about being in the next movie. C'mon - what would most women on the planet say if asked who they might play in a Batman movie? "Gee, I think I'd like to play the villainess from issue # 112, whose smuggling operation Batman disrupted by...." :laugh: Not gonna happen.

Just like Trek. Ask any actress to name who they'd want to play on Trek, and 99.99% of them would say Uhura. No one is going to say "Well, I really liked Irina Galiulin, Chekov's old girlfriend in episode # 47..."

Lets just hope she doesn't go all Sean Young and start campaigning for the role aggressively! :laugh:
What Maggie Gyllenhall might do well, however, would be the lead in The Sean Young Story! :bounce: