Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Rhona Mitra as Catwoman?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
A website called "Batman on Film" (it's not important that I post a link, since there's absolutely no evidence of legitimacy provided) is suggesting that Rhona Mitra (Boston Legal, Doomsday) is being considered for the role of Catwoman in the follow up to The Dark Knight.

She'd certainly fill out the costume nicely. Funny, we were talking about Black Cat from Spider-Man before, I think Rhona Mitra would be better in that role than as Catwoman.

Anyway, none of this means anything. There's bound to be incessant rumors until the next Batman movie is actually written and a cast is hired!
She would certainly do just fine. Smile She has the athleticism, the "look," and the credibility as a "serious" actress....
Rhona would make a top-notch Catwoman. She's sultry and athletic, and made for tight leather pants. Yum.
EDSEL_PK Wrote:Rhona would make a top-notch Catwoman. She's sultry and athletic, and made for tight leather pants. Yum.

Never heard of her before:

[Image: rhona_mitra_image__2_.jpg]

I'm hearing her now! :love:
She's taking over the Kate Beckinsale role in the next Underworld movie too. And if you look in the fantasy tv section, she was in the Christoper Lambert version of Beowulf that's coming up soon. She's just 32, but has been around for a decade or more, and did just fine as a regular on the last season of The Practice, then later reprised the role on Boston Legal, and then was on one season of Nip/Tuck too. She's just like Beckinsale, Jessica Alba, Alyssa Milano, people like that - a "real" actress in addition to being a beauty.
august Wrote:And if you look in the fantasy tv section, she was in the Christoper Lambert version of Beowulf that's coming up soon.

By coming up soon, you mean they're going to show it on the SciFi Channel, right?

Because I actually know this movie, as I was a Christopher Lambert follower for a few . . . alright, I still follow him from time to time. I'm pretty certain this movie released in the mid-90s.

ETA: Half right. 1999. Since I was still in my mid-20s, I think I can be forgiven the oversight. Huh
Wow, she's going to be in an Underworld movie?! I'm suddenly interested in that series. I dislike Beckensale so that I didn't bother seeing the second one. That Lambert Beowulf movie isn't great, but it's far better than the Grendel movie that was on SciFi. I mean, it's exactly what you expect it to be going in, and you've got Rhona Mitra as added eye candy.

I'm surprised you haven't heard of her, RR. She's a serious hottie...er, I mean, a seriously good actress... Wink Didn't you ever see Hollow Man? She was one of the victims of Kevin Bacon's character.

I'm glad all this came up, I'd forgotten about Doomsday, I'll have to try and watch that this weekend.

Edit to add: By the way, you know they just got to do a Tomb Raider movie with her. How awesome would that be?
august Wrote:She's taking over the Kate Beckinsale role in the next Underworld movie too.

I thought she was Sonja in the new Underworld? :confused: I must be mistaken.

Rhona Mitra is a great actress. She was really good in Boston Legal and Nip/Tuck. She even made her rather small role in Shooter good.

Definitely see "a lot" of her in Hollow Man. :laugh: Even I can admit she's HOT

And if there is any truth to the rumor, I think she'll make a good catwoman.
Luthien_001 Wrote:Definitely see "a lot" of her in Hollow Man. :laugh: Even I can admit she's HOT

Yep. :bg: Though given the context of the scene, it's pretty sick. :dead:
Boomstick Wrote:Wow, she's going to be in an Underworld movie?! I'm suddenly interested in that series. I dislike Beckensale so that I didn't bother seeing the second one.

I only saw it because my brother-in-law owned it, and I had nothing new to watch. Curiosity, sadly, got the better of me. I'm still not certain what happened or why . . . but this had nothing to do with Ms. Beckinsale. I like her well enough. She has that whole hottie-with-an-accent going on for her. :hellohands:

Quote:I'm surprised you haven't heard of her, RR. She's a serious hottie...er, I mean, a seriously good actress... Wink Didn't you ever see Hollow Man? She was one of the victims of Kevin Bacon's character.

I married a serious hottie. After that, all other hotties just don't seem that hot anymore. :hearteyes:

Actually, and this may come as a shock to you, the rumors of my movie prowess are greatly exagerated. It's entirely possible for me to not know an actor or actress, no matter their level of hottness. :dummy:

Quote:Edit to add: By the way, you know they just got to do a Tomb Raider movie with her. How awesome would that be?

I might be interested in a Tomb Raider reboot.
Luthien_001 Wrote:I thought she was Sonja in the new Underworld? :confused: I must be mistaken.

OOPS! My mistake - I had forgotten the character's name, and assumed she was playing the same role. I should have said "taking over Kate's role as lead actress."

And yep, it's on Sci-Fi - go here for details.

Interesting trivia from her bio:

Quote:Served as the first original model for Eidos Interactive's Lara Croft (Tomb Raider).
RobRoy Wrote:I married a serious hottie. After that, all other hotties just don't seem that hot anymore. :hearteyes:
So was your wife standing behind you when you typed that, or what? :bounce:

August, I forgot to mention that, about her being the first Tomb Raider model. At the time she hadn't done much acting, IIRC, but she's since proven herself. She's got the look, the real accent, and the acting ability. What more do they want?

Oh, right, a script....