Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: avengers movie
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there one in the works?Since Robert Stark appear in the Hulk movie at the end with Gen. Ross?
Yep. 2011 is the big year for Avengers movies.

Here's an article . . . one of many

Did you catch the 'Captain America' mention in The Hulk? I did. One of the boys I work with was very impressed since none of his friends caught on. I have to admit I was also impressed with myself :laugh: Comics aren't my forte.
I haven't seen Hulk yet, but I'll be on the lookout now, Luthy!

All the Marvel movies currently scheduled, other than Wolverine, are supposed to lead into the Avengers movie. I read earlier that Samuel L. Jackson will be back as Nick Fury in Iron Man 2.

Though, to be honest, I'm not sure if they're aiming to get IM2 out before or after the Avengers movie.
Wikipedia has this to say:

Quote:In August 2006, Marvel Entertainment's "Marvel Studios Overview Presentation" listed the Avengers as a property under development for a film, with Zak Penn as screenwriter. {Note: he's the screenwriter of the 2nd and 3rd X-Men movies, Elektra, and the 2nd Hulk movie} and In a May 5, 2008, report to shareholders, Marvel Entertainment announced the release dates for two planned Avenger movies. The First Avenger: Captain America (working title) is scheduled for May 6, 2011, followed by The Avengers, scheduled for July 15, 2011.

Marvel initially announced plans to have the team made up of Iron Man, Thor, The Incredible Hulk, Captain America, and Ant-Man, though as of late Ant-Man has not been mentioned.

The first film reference to the Avengers is in Iron Man (2008), in a post-credits scene of Nick Fury (played by Samuel L. Jackson) speaking with Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.) about the "Avenger Initiative". At the conclusion of The Incredible Hulk (2008), Stark briefly speaks with General Thunderbolt Ross (William Hurt) regarding the formation of a team.
Oh good, Luthy had me doubting myself, but now I do recall The Hulk mention, so all is right with my world again.

And honestly, is anyone surprised that Ant-man hasn't been mentioned recently?
This looks pretty official, from Yahoo News/Hollywood Reporter:

Quote: ... Robert Downey Jr. and director Jon Favreau will reunite for "The Avengers" ....

Don Cheadle, whose deal to replace Terrence Howard in the "Iron Man" movies has been finalized, also has signed to perform in the action movie. It is set for release in 2011.

Downey has signed a four-picture deal with Marvel Studios ...not only for "Iron Man 2" and "Iron Man 3," but also for the "Avengers" movie. (The deal retroactively includes the first "Iron Man"... )

Favreau, who is directing "Iron Man 2," will executive produce "Avengers." Cheadle will play Jim Rhodes, Stark's best friend, who becomes the suit-wearing hero "War Machine."

Marvel's current slate is designed to introduce superhero characters via individual movies that lead up to the characters teaming up for "Avengers" ...whose roster of superheroes includes Iron Man, Captain American, Hulk, Wasp, Giant Man, Hawkeye and Thor.

Edward Norton portrayed Bruce Banner/Hulk in "Hulk" this year, but the actor clashed with the studio over the movie's cut. It is unclear whether he will return.
Surprise, surprise, Edward Norton complaining about something again. That's the one thing I wondered about when they cast him, whether or not he'd do more than one movie.
Boomstick Wrote:Surprise, surprise, Edward Norton complaining about something again. That's the one thing I wondered about when they cast him, whether or not he'd do more than one movie.

If Norton doesn't clash with someone on a movie he's working on, I would find that to be newsworthy. He's a capable actor, but I honestly don't see any real genuis in what he's done so far.
RobRoy Wrote:If Norton doesn't clash with someone on a movie he's working on, I would find that to be newsworthy. He's a capable actor, but I honestly don't see any real genuis in what he's done so far.

:laugh: It sure does seem to happen a lot. He's not such a huge draw that he can afford to act like a diva, either. If he keeps it up eventually studios are going to start overlooking his name.

I tend to agree with you about his acting, too. He's not bad, but he does seem rather the same in every role.
Yeah, I feel the same way. Kind of like Sean Penn -obviously talented, but he has two handicaps - his temperament, and his looks, which are pleasant, but not quite in the Brad Pitt/Tom Cruise level of handsomeness, and not rugged enough for the Connery/Bogart/John Wayne/Charles Bronson sort of appeal either.