Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Iron Man DVD details
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Iron Man DVD comes out next Tuesday, September 30.

Here's the details on the different releases:

Iron Man (Single-Disc Edition)
  • Film
  • Over 20 Minutes of deleted/extended scenes

Iron Man (Ultimate 2-Disc Edition)
  • Film
  • Over 20 Minutes of deleted/extended scenes
  • 'I Am Iron Man' documentary looking at bringing the character to big screen
  • 'The Invincible Iron Man' 6-part look at the history of the character
  • 'Wired: The VFX of Iron Man'
  • Robert Downy Jr. Screen Test
  • Rehersal with Cast
  • Stills gallery and more

The only Blu-Ray release I'm seeing is a 2-Disc edition with the same features as the 2-Disc DVD edition, except with the following additional features:
  • Hall of Armor-Virually explore the various Armored suits of the film
  • A web-enabled feature that allows users to take an in-movie quiz
I'm disappointed that the song 'Iron Man' wasn't played during the film. They did sneak in the instrumental in the final credits. But FRAK! I was looking forward to some heavy metal accompaniment DURING the film. It fits so beautifully with the Iron Dude, don't you think?
I confess I had the opposite reaction as you--I was happy they didn't use it in the film! :bg:

I'm not a huge Iron Man fan, but I thought they did an amazing job with the movie. I had more fun watching it than most of the X-Men movies, which is saying something!
I enjoyed Iron Man. Was good fun. Shame the end battle was a little weak but other than that it was definitely a worthwhile couple of hours. Will be on my DVD list for sure.
I think it was one of the best super hero films made to date. They keep improving the genre, in my opinion.