Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: The Half-Blood Prince
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Remember in the half-blood prince Uk version page 316. Harry searched for the date as to when the book was published. It said that it was nearly 50 years ago. JK Rowling mentioned that neither Harry's father nor his father's friend were at hogwarts at that time. However, Snape was in the same year as James and as we know, that book is Snape's. So how can it be snape's if he werent around nor (as he was in the same year as James and Harry felt dissapointed as James wasnt around 50 years ago). ??
I can't remember if I read this somewhere or not, but since Snape's family was very poor, the book was probably used when he got it for school. It possibly belonged to one of his parents.
It makes perfect sense for him to have an old book. James could have just as much, it's just that Harry didn't take that into account.
Kagemaru and CJ~,

See here: #90 https://www.sf-fandom.com/vbulletin/show...ood+Prince

the whole thread's pretty good
Thanks Inked! I knew that thought had come from somewhere. Unfortunately my kids read HBP so many times the book fell apart. I just haven't had an opportunity to replace it! LOL
As soon as I heard the title of "The Half-Flood Prince," I thought they were referring to Hagrid :x
In an interview i think the one on mugglenet and leaky, JK said that if readers looked close enough one of the other horcruxes was somewhere in the book 6. When i finished reading it again i thought the same as you and wondered how snape got the book that was 50 years old and woundered maybe if Voldemort used it and made it a Horcrux when he was at school. Just a theory. Very curious though to know what the horcrux is though
abz_ob Wrote:In an interview i think the one on mugglenet and leaky, JK said that if readers looked close enough one of the other horcruxes was somewhere in the book 6. When i finished reading it again i thought the same as you and wondered how snape got the book that was 50 years old and woundered maybe if Voldemort used it and made it a Horcrux when he was at school. Just a theory. Very curious though to know what the horcrux is though

Ur saying u dont know what a Horcrux is?! A horcrux is an object that u put part of ur soul in to keep urself from dieing. although to make a horcrux u must kill someone. A part of the book that showed J.K. Rowling's ability to plan ahead was, horcruxes were introduced in the 6th book but Tom Riddle's (or voldemort's) diary in book 2 turned out to be one.
No Ben, Abz is saying he (or she) doesn't know what one of the horcruxes are in the form of (book, locket, etc etc).