Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Tim Burton Movies
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Come on people, what's your favourite Tim Burton movie? Mine is Edward Scissorhands!:crazy:
nightmare before christmas
yeaaaaaaaaahhhh Wink
Sleepy Hollow, with Batman Returns a close second.

Technically, even though it bares his name, NBX isn't a Tim Burton film. While he was involved with it every step of the way, it was directed by Henry Selick.
I have not seen very many; only two, I think. But I loved both Pee Wee's Big Adventure and Ed Wood. (And it would be hard to choose two more different films!)

Of these two, I think Ed Wood is the better of the two. It would have been easy just to make fun of poor old Edward D. Wood, Jr.; but to make him genuinely likable, and to make his friendship with Bela Lugosi a source of real pathos raised this film to the level of true art.
I did not know he directed the Pee Wee movie....Sleepy Hollow & Edward Scissorhands were great movies.
Boomstick Wrote:Sleepy Hollow, with Batman Returns a close second.

Technically, even though it bares his name, NBX isn't a Tim Burton film. While he was involved with it every step of the way, it was directed by Henry Selick.

yeah but is his story and inicial character design

i love big fish too
Sickie Wrote:yeah but is his story and inicial character design

i love big fish too

Agreed. But generally when a film is said to be someones, it implies that they directed it. Burton would likely have directed NBX, but Warner Brothers was itching for a Batman sequel, so he was busy working on that.
I like most of his films that I've seen apart from Batman Returns which I've always found depressing and dull. If I had to pick a favourite: probably Corpse Bride.