Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Building a real lightsaber
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

cg123

I am the head of a group called the Rejjin. The Rejjin are devoted to developing new technologies, such as a lightsaber. The concepts are done - we only need to create the plans and build them. All who have basic knowledge of electronics and physics - if you are interested, you may join our ranks.

[advertising link edited - RR]
Is this a good idea???
come don't you think your taking this a little too far now
If it only it were possible.... I assumed that even if it were, it wouldn't be limited to a blade of light as it would be a longer beam, and it wouldn't cut through anything.

That said, i've always wanted a sabre, if they didn't actually cut through anything it would be a great safety idea anyway, otherwise there would be far too many accidents. They should make noises when you clash with other lightsabres though.

Ahh to have something more than my wooden pole painted like a sabre.... -sigh-
Where there are lightsabers there are Jedi and where there are Jedi there are Sith and where there are Sith there is a big party!!! Just kinding about the last one! Maybe you guess should work on the cure for AIDS or something.
If there really were real lightsabers, i think GL would be the Master/teacher who would teach us how to work with a lightsaber(lol). No, really. Maybe the midi-chlorians are only GL's fantasy, but i wonder if they are real. I heard that whatever man imagines it really exists. So...
Well a lot of modern day inventions have indeed spawned from science fiction shows and films, so you never know.
Coconut ice cream Wrote:Well a lot of modern day inventions have indeed spawned from science fiction shows and films, so you never know.

I sure no one imagined the communicator from Star Trek really existing in the 1960s. But now cell phones are so prevalant in our society, It's pretty hard to hold a conversation with someone without being interrupted by a cell phone call.

:dude:
patomon5 Wrote:I sure no one imagined the communicator from Star Trek really existing in the 1960s. But now cell phones are so prevalant in our society, It's pretty hard to hold a conversation with someone without being interrupted by a cell phone call.

:dude:

I wonder if there isn't a downloadable ring that sounds just like a TOS communicator?

I also wonder how long it will be before there isn't a TOS-communicate cell phone? I mean after all, it's just plastic sheathing over the components. Surely someone must have dreampt up a way, or is now offering it to Trekkers?
Hey, thanks for the effort, I immediately checked both of them out.

Unfortunately, I couldn't listen to the first one, though they claim it's a sound effect straight from the show (probable). Looks like it's only for a "smartphone", and since I don't know what that means, I'm guessing I don't have one. Sad

The second one was just a set of tones (I think it's called midi) that only vaguely sound like a Star Trek sound effect. SadSad
Yeah, I noticed that the second one sounds more like the door chime from ST-TNG.
I could be that the sound is trademarked and can only be used thru licensed products. Such as the replica communicator sold thru Master Replicas.
Which now is no longer available, at least according to their website.
RobRoy,
Try this site
http://startrek.forfones.com/startrek/intro
I think it is what your looking for, don't know if it's available for your phone model though.
Intresting thread, Lightsabers to cell phones. Keep this up and we will start talking about how to make ice cubes!!! hahahahaa just kidding! If any one does happen to make a lightsaber, send one to me! I want mine to be a double, pink one one side lime green ont the other. By the way, how do you make ice cubes???
I remember when mobile phones used to be as big and heavy as bricks, and to get a signal you had to run to the highest and openest area near to you. Ha!
patomon5 Wrote:RobRoy,
Try this site
http://startrek.forfones.com/startrek/intro
I think it is what your looking for, don't know if it's available for your phone model though.

That's it, that's the one, it's perfect . . . except that they don't list my phone service provider! Aaarrggghhhh!!!
Coconut ice cream Wrote:I remember when mobile phones used to be as big and heavy as bricks, and to get a signal you had to run to the highest and openest area near to you. Ha!

I have a hard time to catch signal when i'm not in the city, so i can say that my situation is kinda the same(i hope i'll buy a new phone).

Anyway, someone please contact me if there will really be a REAL lightsaber.
Mara Jade Skywalker Wrote:I have a hard time to catch signal when i'm not in the city, so i can say that my situation is kinda the same(i hope i'll buy a new phone).

Anyway, someone please contact me if there will really be a REAL lightsaber.

Yes i've experienced the country signal problem, but I missed the generation of having a phone in the shape of a rather ugly brick. Unfortunately.
Coconut ice cream Wrote:Yes i've experienced the country signal problem, but I missed the generation of having a phone in the shape of a rather ugly brick. Unfortunately.

Believe me, you really are lucky if you didn't have a brick-shape phone(they were soo heavy and big to carry).
Hi everyone! I'm new to this forum...well back to the lightsaber topic. i would think it impossible, why?, because light cannot be controlled by anything...let me explain. light will go on as long as the energy it carries lasts if it is depleted then the light will disappear, so if u make a saber with very dim light then it won't be strong enugh to harm, and if u have a lightsaber with a strong light, you will not only harm the other person but destroy the surroundings(GREAT!!!:bg: ) and obviously it will not make the clashing sound if u join two sabers
Pages: 1 2