Science Fiction and Fantasy Community Forums

Full Version: Nicole to take on role as Witch
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I love the chronicles of Narnia!!! I'm so glad that they are making a movie!!! Like you said, I hope the film does Lewis justice! Though I really can't see Nicole Kidman as the witch at all... but I could be proven wrong... hope so :o)
Somehow I think she'll fit the role just fine.... :there:

Alas, I could not resist.
That's ironic, because Nicole Kidman also plays Samantha Stephens in Bewitched.(It comes out in 2005, however.)
Quote:Originally posted by Buffy_Summers
That's ironic, because Nicole Kidman also plays Samantha Stephens in Bewitched.(It comes out in 2005, however.)


And in that movie Practical Magic. I guess it just comes naturally for her. LOL, but seriously I didn't like Practical Magic at all, and you know stars are going to be grabbing roles in upcoming fantasy movies after the whole Lord of the Rings mess.
Why oh why can't she just stay well enough away? pouts.
Bad choice, unless they're going to use a lot of make up...
Ah, no Nicole after all. Another pale, redheaded, statuesque (5'11") actress with Australian roots (her mother) is playing the role - Tilda Swinton, of "Orlando" and "The Beach."

Apparently they've just begun filming in NZ, with the Shrek director directing.

I think Nicole is perfect for the role. If the make-up is right she'll be good. Alot of you people don't like her but you can't tell me she cant act. Watch "The Others" and you'll see what mean.
Quote:I think Nicole is perfect for the role. If the make-up is right she'll be good.



Ah, but see above - no matter how perfect she may be, Tilda Swinton is playing it. Although now there's a rumor that Nicole will narrate it. Given that it's not a narrative-heavy book, I can't imagine a need for a narrator though.




Quote:A lot of you people don't like her but you can't tell me she cant act.


Well, that Oscar pretty much settles that.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
Quote:Originally posted by Lady Disdain
Why oh why can't she just stay well enough away? pouts.

Perhaps because many fans like me simply adore her Lady D! :tongue:


Quote:Originally posted by moif
Bad choice, unless they're going to use a lot of make up...


Have you seen The Hours?

She's not afraid to look unlike her normally bubbly pretty self. :there:
Quote:Originally posted by august
Well, that Oscar pretty much settles that.....


Not really. Look at the female leading role winners from the last few years...I don't think I'm the only one that feels that the majority of them hardly deserved such an accolade.

Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
She's not afraid to look unlike her normally bubbly pretty self.

Do most women think she's pretty? I've never been able to figure out what men see in her. It's always been my opinion that she's pale, skinny, and her 'smile' just creeps me out. :anxious:

Unregistered

Quote:Not really. Look at the female leading role winners from the last few years...I don't think I'm the only one that feels that the majority of them hardly deserved such an accolade.

:laugh Well, perhaps, but there really is no higher accolade. Once you've won an Oscar, there's nothing any higher. A Tony *maybe* could be considered equal, but few actors work on Broadway any more, and most of the world is unaware of what they do there.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick

Do most women think she's pretty? I've never been able to figure out what men see in her. It's always been my opinion that she's pale, skinny, and her 'smile' just creeps me out. :anxious:


I can't answer for most women, but I think she's absolutely beautiful and with a great sense of style.
Quote:Originally posted by BlueDelvia
I can't answer for most women, but I think she's absolutely beautiful and with a great sense of style.


I agree. Nicole has a certain style and grace about her and has always conducted herself with manners and graciousness under fire that only an elite group of actress can attest too.
She's pretty but she's not the most beautiful actress out there by a long shot. As far as the Oscar goes I think she deserved it.
Quote:Originally posted by Boomstick
Do most women think she's pretty? I've never been able to figure out what men see in her. It's always been my opinion that she's pale, skinny, and her 'smile' just creeps me out. :anxious:

Ah yes, we had quite a debate on this subject last year. It's rather redundant for me to say I disagree with you again, but I'm saying it anyway. She's not the greatest looking actress, and she looks better at different times. IMO, she's looked her best in Moulin Rouge, followed by Eyes Wide Shut.